Favourite suppers/ snack meals

Chicken Satay is one of our favourites !...and so easy ...We buy the packet sauce mix with coconut milk, marinade about 1 hour and grill.
When in the Camper we grill on our CADAC !
Noi does it all from scratch with tamarind, crushed peanuts etc... 😋 but I would have it from a mix as it doesn't turn out as good as hers when I try!
Made with king prawns is my favourite!

Noi does it all from scratch with tamarind, crushed peanuts etc... 😋 but I would have it from a mix as it doesn't turn out as good as hers when I try!
Made with king prawns is my favourite!
I am sure the "real thing" is better than the packet version !

My grandad worked down the pits & took cheese & jam but ties to work every day for most of his working life. He used to say they all put their snap boxes on top of the electricity transformers then the cheese got hot & started to melt, & the jam melted into the bread. When I worked in plant hire I did the same, & warm but ties were lovely...😋👍

Again at Uni in Manchester
There was by-law that the "chippy's" could not simply se CHIPS on a Sunday
So it was chips with curry sauce !

Chinese Chippy on a Sunday..
After imbibing at lunchtime on said Sunday (1970's 1200 to 1400) and returning to my shared rented house.
No food in the house.....So wait until 6pm and visit the local Chinese Takeaway to buy our "Sunday Lunch"
Pork balls with sweet and sour sauce being one of the components....
Until then I never realised that pigs had so mant testicles !

Cheats pizza....

Garlic naan bread
Jar of red pesto for the 'tomato topping'
Toppings of choice
Mozzarella for the top....

Seconds to prepare and a few minutes in the oven/under grill....

Very easy, tasty and quick.

A hot Tunnocks mutton pie on a crispy roll loads a butter to melt through The roll and a big dollop of HP. But it has to come from the Tunnocks bakers in Uddingston maybe washed down wae a couple of there rhubarb pies for dessert.

Pork pie/ gala pie warm on day of making with veg and mash....even better second day cold with salad, pickles and coleslaw . Plus fruit and nut cake
What is your favourite quick supper / snack View attachment 54182?
be care-full u mite b come pie eyed, get your teeth in 2 it, one tooth at a time. keep biting oh no its gone, ok.pj

Reactions: Rec
A hot Tunnocks mutton pie on a crispy roll loads a butter to melt through The roll and a big dollop of HP. But it has to come from the Tunnocks bakers in Uddingston maybe washed down wae a couple of there rhubarb pies for dessert.
oh no youve rhubarb-ed it, nice one ,ok.pj.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back