Fishing

Woke up at 2.00am rarin to go, then realised tis not a fishing day :(. Still I spect shopping will be fun instead :rolleyes:
Don’t worry there are plenty here keeping the fishing fires burning though it’s a tad cooler today and overcast but I don’t care I’m at the beach. 😂 plus I had a lie in until 6am as I knew you were not fishing today 👍

Don’t worry there are plenty here keeping the fishing fires burning though it’s a tad cooler today and overcast but I don’t care I’m at the beach. 😂 plus I had a lie in until 6am as I knew you were not fishing today 👍
How wrong was I when you turned up for lunch with rod and reel at the ready.😂😂

I could never actually do that I think when I do start fishing once I have what I can eat I will stop I don’t like this stick a hook in a fish and chuck it back wounded that’s not sport that’s barbaric.
try barbless hooks for catch and release. Twice I've seen the same fish caught by different anglers, which shows good catch and release dose not deter them from feeding. Should add both time were beach fishing. Don't do freshwater anymore, too many rules. Plus you need good catch and release for undersize fish.

A few pulls but none landed, fortunately Colin saved the day with some good sized mackies and a small bass (y)

A few pulls but none landed, fortunately Colin saved the day with some good sized mackies and a small bass (y)

I have to admit that I was watching Chris very closely and mimicking him to the best of my ability. I really can recommend him as a fishing tutor - he's knowledgeable, patient and supportive in equal measure. All that plus a large helping of luck made me a happy hooker.
Thank you so much, Chris.
The exception to the aforesaid qualities is Chris' ability to judge the size of bass.
It was truly HUMONGOUS.
Oh, and a couple of the mackerel made a handsome breakfast. I sense that another two will make a handsome dinner this evening.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

......................Oh, and a couple of the mackerel made a handsome breakfast. I sense that another two will make a handsome dinner this evening.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Sometimes, just sometimes, I get two things pretty much right in the same day:

IMG_20200728_171943.jpg

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
2021 Lockdown rules :cry:

STATEMENT FROM THE ANGLING TRUST ON THE NATIONAL LOCKDOWN RULES IN ENGLAND

The regulations have now been published and confirm this evening’s message from the Cabinet Office that the Government have taken the decision that fishing will not be permitted during this national lockdown period. Whilst this is disappointing news I would ask anglers, fisheries and clubs to respect these rules and the reason they have been put in place; to help save lives and support the NHS.

Individuals should not go fishing from midnight tonight (5th Jan) and clubs and fisheries should close their waters to anglers. We will be publishing more detailed guidance on specific areas like bailiffing and fishery maintenance once the Government regulations have been published.

Over past few weeks we have been in communication with the Government at the highest possible level. We have presented a strong case on how fishing could continue safely during the third national lockdown. We have explained that fishing benefits physical health and mental wellbeing and that it is regularly the only form of activity individuals undertake. You can read our representations to Cabinet Ministers here -

https://anglingtrust.net/.../Angling-and-outdoor...

My team and I have consistently presented the arguments ahead of the changing government guidelines, which have allowed fishing to remain permitted continuously since the first national lockdown was lifted in May. We have been successful when other sports have not as all anglers will know.

However, with 60,000 new infections announced today the Government have taken the decision that leaving home for recreation or leisure, including all forms of recreational fishing, should be prohibited in England during this third national lockdown period.

I thank you for your support and for being a credit to our sport. As members, you can rest assured that the Angling Trust will continue to represent our sport at the highest level and will present proposals for the resumption of angling when it is safe and sensible to do so. We will come through this period of national crisis. We will fish again, but until then, please, stay safe.

Jamie Cook - CEO Angling Trust

It seems that the very significant benefits of fishing on mental health have been recognised.
Good news under very difficult circumstances for all of us.

Colin :):):)

Recognised but still banned at the moment. ☹️

I may have missed something here, Annie, but I read the BBC piece as indicating that angling has been recognised as exercise and therefore permitted under the various tier regulations, providing it doesn't involve travelling a long distance and social distancing regulations are observed.
Or have I got this totally wrong?

Colin :):):)

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back