Fishing

Dusted off my tackle, and loading the bus ready to try a few spots on the south coast. I know it's twixt and between time, with the winter fish moving out and the summer ones yet to show, but there should be a few flatties and whiting about. :unsure:

Anyway, it'll be good to get on the beaches again and hopefully meet up with friends along the way.
Have fun and keep me posted where you get to ??

That fish on heavy tackle fought for 50 minutes the buzz is tremendous I caught 2 sailfish that day couple of big red snapper and decent sized mahi about 14lbs took it back to hotel and cooked it on a barbecue nicest tasting fish you’ll ever taste it’s like a drug fishing for the big sea fish I’ve caught Tuna and a mako shark but I’m still after a marlin. Catch and release mainly but a tuna or a mahi is the one for the pot

There’s probably more skill in catching a 2lbs brown trout on a fly that you’ve made yourself than catching the big sea fish ?
Yes it was a lovely looking spotty and was returned, the fly was small black gnat homemade........... however it must be a great fun tackling a big yellowfin tuna :)

High water just after seven this morning so got to Teignmouth a couple of hours before. Using soft plastic lures I had nine bass, but all schoolies and not takeable size - enjoyable few hours before the holiday makers hit the beaches :)

I lived most of my life around the Portsmouth area, and naturally enough fished from the age of about eleven.
Drowning a lot worms and clearing a lot of weed and crabs from the south coast piers, the shore and even boats.
Had three boats over time.

I even took up fly fishing and travelled around the Hampshire area in persuit of trout.
I even tied my own flies.

I caught my fair share of trout and sea fish.

When moving to Norfolk in 2004 I gave all my tackle away.

It was "One of lifes regrets," as now having a van, it would be handy having a rod or two onboard for that odd occasion.

Too old/tight/mean and stiff to start again.

Tight lines. Enjoy it while you can.:(?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Hertfordshire correspondent catches monster mackerel at secret S Devon mark
View attachment 55197

That's a great photo, Chris. It's a pity that the perspective doesn't do justice to the size of the mackerel......
.....in fact it doesn't do much for the fisherman either.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Colin have you seen the blood dripping off that knife and the look on your face, no wonder Chris didn't get the correct perspective.
😁😁

More of the same Colin has really taken to this fishy pastime think he has now caught 7/8 plus a few escaped in a bid for freedom I haven’t caught any on this occasion but it doesn’t matter as we share the what’s caught but I always end up with the lions share that’s the beauty of having a fridge freezer in your van. 😂😂6432A22D-1C9E-4FD1-B041-AB5344FC3DC5.jpeg8C527757-DCEC-4EB7-B303-B05B43230A81.jpeg6BFAC35F-80F9-427C-A537-B0C04655D7B1.jpeg5D5C3FD0-A594-45CF-9851-D473F9DDAAA5.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back