France 2023 tour.

I don’t know about the breaking down Tony, yes it is the mower you describe. Viewed it in motion today, lethal is an understatement!!

Unit is a 1956 Ferguson, with the original grey paint colour.
I’ve got an old finger bar mower in my heap of agricultural junk! Gave up using it when I got fed up with it breaking down and nearly cut the feet off one of our recalcitrant sheep who wouldn’t get out of the way of the tractor, let alone the mower sticking four feet out the side. I invested in a much safer 5 foot grass topper so the sheep still have all their feet now. Love the Fergie, hope it’s one of the old paraffin powered ones.

Hi Tony, the Fergie runs on petrol. Was interesting looking at the distributor cap and under the Bakelite cap would be the points etc. Them were the days setting the points to 15 or 20 thou using feeler gauges.

Time wind up this thread, touring over, and later today leaving house to head north towards the tunnel.

It has been an interesting long tour, been to places that I never knew existed. The comparison between facilities in France compared to back home is wide. The timing has worked well, mid March weather around Normandy was ok, would have liked better, down here in the Vienne, better weather with some frosts in the morning. Now June and the heat is really hot 🥵 I’m in the camper as I type, every window, door and roof vents wide open and 010.30 gauge reading 27c. Hopefully carry on with the better weather back home, but not as hot.

When back home, start to plan the our next EU trip.

A big shout out to Bea who spent a great deal of time planning places to visit 👍 sourcing Aires etc 🍷

When we leave here later today, we’ll be incommunicado, RegLo card expired and GiffGaff have locked me out due to no use of phone within the UK. But they remembered to take funds for this month and last month from my account, shyster.

Cheers 🍻

Glad it's went and worked out well for you guys esp bea getting to see her mum etc
she must have a lot of patience planning your stops (with the budget you gave her ) 😀

Glad it's went and worked out well for you guys esp bea getting to see her mum etc
she must have a lot of patience planning your stops (with the budget you gave her ) 😀
She did well working with 10€ a week

And finally, vet visit over, no more rip off AHC’s to bother with now, pooch passport pickup for the grand sun of 35€.
IMG_4756.jpeg

Your thread was very enjoyable and I have followed your travels with interest as you have been in lots of places we have not gotten round to, yet! We have spent many years in western and south western France and northern Spain, but even with two long trips (6-7 weeks ) each year there is so much to see and enjoy.
Writing this from the Aire at St Denis D'Oleron, one of our favourite spots. Hot even here on the coast. This retirement lark is hard work, and you never get a day off, but you seem to be adapting to it very well.
Look forward to further reports from your next trip.

Davy

Thank you Davy, I’m pleased you found the posts interesting.

Retiral, great, what I don’t like is, I no longer receive bank holidays 😂

Davy I forgot to say, pre moho days we toured the island by car when Bea had a house near Royan, lovely island…enjoy!!

Thank you Davy, I’m pleased you found the posts interesting.

Retiral, great, what I don’t like is, I no longer receive bank holidays 😂
Yes great thread been following it, Just got back our selves had to cut the trip short by 2 months due to wife getting a call to say her knee opp tomorrow, We to are planning for our next trip.. Thank you

Thank you, and I hope your wife knee op goes well for her, Bea had a full knee replacement done Sept 2019, of course a painful recovery period for a spell, she also put her name down for the Edinburgh 2020 Marathon, then covid hit us. She walks well and cycles ( electric bike) your wife will see and feel the benefits when she is fully recovered 🍻

Thanks Terry, the thread has been great with some lovely pics and info on places that have passed us by in many years of touring France. We are not that far behind you now, still in Uzès until Thursday morning and then north for the tunnel on Saturday night. Travel safe.

Like others I really enjoyed the thread, especially as many of the places you visited are pretty familiar to us. As I write this we are parked up at a yachthavn motorhome stopover in the Netherlands with the sun blazing at 26 deg. Downside is I am currently booking things up for returning home next week (Amsterdam to Newcastle ferry on Sunday) as we have to get back for family commitments, including grandchildren sitting service in Penicuik only a week after we get home.
Netherlands is great but we miss France so that’s for our long trip next year, all being well.
Safe trip home Terry and Bea.

I've loved your journey and seeing places that I didn't know existed. Normally my guide of choice is DK's Eyewitness Travel, but for some reason I've never bought one for France. Thank you for your patience with my questions....... Much appreciated. 👍

Safe trip home big man. I’ve enjoyed your posts and photos too Terry you visited some nice places but the photos on a thread like this make it. Need to get a catch up.

Left the village yesterday at 15.30hrs for Berck Sue Mer, six hour trip, reached Tours around 17.30hrs, large temperature gauge you pass on the motorway read 38c 🥵 stopped on motorway aire when reaching three hour drive mark.

Up at six this moring to each Berck early, which we did. Aire bear beach was heaving, still is, currently in Carrefour CP, an area put aside for MH,s. Couple of nights here then on the shuttle 10th.

Full circle now, we started in Berck and will finish in Berck, weather still fab!
IMG_4761.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back