Fuel additives

We had the diesel particle filter warning lights come up on our berlingo recently (110.000miles on clock). Tried raising rpm to clear it but warning came up more frequently, added a dpf cleaner ( forte) as last resort before taking it to the garage where we were sure ££££ would be involved. The light went off and has stayed off since. Now planning on using something regularly. The hydra does get good reviews..
I believe that if you turn the ignition switch on and off again four times in quick succession the dpf warning light will be switched off.
Try that next time
K ;)

DPF's can be a nightmare we bought a 3 Yr old Audi A3 Diesel few yrs back couldn't stop light coming on taking back to Stealers numerous times getting fobbed off (OH take it for a run Engine ECU will do a regen & it will go off). Thing is when a regen is done either by laptop or engine being run it burns off all the crap which then leaves a load of Ash in the Exhaust this then has to be removed which can be done at a cost.

We tried that but it returned almost immediately. It seemed sensible to take heed of the warning. Have had no further problem since using the additive.
Which Additive did you use may I ask , we have a Peugeot Boxer 2.2 & was thinking of putting an Additive in even though MPG not an issue more of Engine Cleanliness, thanks Chris. Just seen in your post it was Forte do you recommend using this on a frequent basis ??.

Which Additive did you use may I ask , we have a Peugeot Boxer 2.2 & was thinking of putting an Additive in even though MPG not an issue more of Engine Cleanliness, thanks Chris. Just seen in your post it was Forte do you recommend using this on a frequent basis ??.
Ive been using thus for over a year now and fined my engine runs nice and smoothly bought it on ebay my engine is the say as yours 2.220221121_103136.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back