Gas gas gas

That dial shows the pressure in the bottle. The pressure depends on the temperature of the surface of the liquid, not on the quantity remaining.
If you want to know how full the bottle is, weigh it, though swooshing the liquid around by swinging the bottle will give you some idea.
Thanks all sorted. Blanket around it it helping 😃

With gas cylinders like this, you can see how much gas you have left. They are slightly worse in cold weather but my LPG cabinet is heated. I have two such and a Truma DuoControl with filter so I can drive with the gas on connected, need to be heat in my rear of the car so that the water does not freeze when driving in cold weather.
komposit.jpeg

Take the bottle of and leave the regulator attached to bottle take a few feet away from your van and turn on at bottle to see if there’s pressure and if the gauge moves in other direction.
That might not be a good idea if it's frozen, as escaping gas gets colder it could freeze and throw all contents away.

Thanks all sorted. Blanket around it it helping 😃
Blanket around it is not helping.

When you use gas, it boils off from the top of the liquid. That reduces the temperature of the liquid in the bottle.

It needs to absorb warmth from the surroundings to stop it getting colder and colder. A blanket will prevent that.

In cool weather when you're using a lot of gas, you may see a line of condensation or even frost* on the bottle at the level of the tip of the liquid - that's caused by this effect, and is a handy way to see the amount of gas remaining.

*You get frost even when the ambient temperature is quite a few degrees above freezing

Blanket around it is not helping.

When you use gas, it boils off from the top of the liquid. That reduces the temperature of the liquid in the bottle.

It needs to absorb warmth from the surroundings to stop it getting colder and colder. A blanket will prevent that.

In cool weather when you're using a lot of gas, you may see a line of condensation or even frost* on the bottle at the level of the tip of the liquid - that's caused by this effect, and is a handy way to see the amount of gas remaining.

*You get frost even when the ambient temperature is quite a few degrees above freezing
Thanks for the advice. Warmer weather now but food for thought for next winter in November/December.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back