Guess Who

I got the £200 heating allowance, but mine's less than £174 a week and I think the Christmas bonus has been stuck at £10 for many years.
Cant remember what they said my pension is Caz, dont get first one til end January so you have to work (rest/wait) a month in hand. Wonder if they pay it back when you die :)

Congratulations.
Now is when you begin to wonder how you found time to work.
Time flies and you don't have enough time to do all the things you should be doing.
Just relax enjoy.:)

You will wonder how you found time to go to work in the first place.

Cant remember what they said my pension is Caz, dont get first one til end January so you have to work (rest/wait) a month in hand. Wonder if they pay it back when you die :)

You get your first pay out at end of January 'cos you're still employed and getting holiday pay to end of December - but nice try.

Enjoy your retirement, you have earned it.

for those who get paid earlier in the month (I think it depends on Surname or NI Number?), YOU pay it back if you die before you are allowed ;) - had this kind of discussion a few years ago when dealing with my mums probate.

Brilliant. Soak it up. No more getting up with the crow in the dark and rain, unless you want to. No more being civil to people who are idiots (p’raps you weren’t anyway!).
Still have chores, but you apcan find them in around what you want to do. Loving it.

Forget it you won't have the time now you are retired .first job decorating .
Ahhhh yes. The following is the best advice you will get....!!!

Under no circumstances disagree with 'er indoors. The secret of a happy retirement is to say "yes" to everything she asks.

Once agreed she will forget the issue, and you need do nothing.

Please don't thank me!!! :) :) :)

Ahhhh yes. The following is the best advice you will get....!!!

Under no circumstances disagree with 'er indoors. The secret of a happy retirement is to say "yes" to everything she asks.

Once agreed she will forget the issue, and you need do nothing.

Please don't thank me!!! :) :) :)

Yep you got that right word for word and it’ll also make for a peaceful home life...haha (y);)

Brilliant. Soak it up. No more getting up with the crow in the dark and rain, unless you want to. No more being civil to people who are idiots (p’raps you weren’t anyway!).
Still have chores, but you apcan find them in around what you want to do. Loving it.
Bit of a funny one that, as I ran system you either had to be very patient explaining things or threatening to bloc all their access haha

Since I reached 65 and stayed on I haven't bothered too much about time keeping on a morning, if I got there then it was okay but I don't think I was more than 40 minutes after I should have arrived :) Again a strange one as I could be doing stuff before I went in and I almost never got finished in an evening, they won out on average :)

Strangely I was told I could keep works laptop and works phone and full access to everything, just in case they needed me to connect up ha ha

Congrats Neil and welcome to the United Dribblers and Bedwetting Club. Enjoy many years of idleness and may you drift slowly into curmudgeonliness.

To be honest Ral I have been in the Dribblers and Bedwetting Club for years, or would be if I didn't get up during the night haha The turning point came when I just thought I could drive until I ran out of fuel then wait for next pension day :)

Congrats Neil and welcome to the United Dribblers and Bedwetting Club. Enjoy many years of idleness and may you drift slowly into curmudgeonliness.
Although I found this funny and have you a funny thing me jig.
You shouldn't be encouraged.

Nabsim you're correct, you get £200 until your other half reaches retirement age then she nicks half!

Wully do you really think Niel is cut out for PR may be PT (p@ss take).

Right Neil that it I’ve watched you’re post count over last five days too much time on you’re hands get a job man? maybe in pr
You need some IT or systems support done remotely Wully :)

the best thing about growing old and retiring is......

... it's no good ,can i phone a friend?
I used to say age was a state of mind until joints started to give out Nigel haha, never mind its still what you make it eh :)

One of my worries about retirement is that one day I’ll ask Nik “ what shall we do today, dear “.

I know two can live as cheaply as one,as long as one doesn’t eat. I’m pretty sure that we’ll have to wait until Nik gets her pension in 2022, before I stop work completely. Maybe drop another day, 4-3, dunno.

TBH the pocket money is handy. Nik’s just waved this months credit card bill in front of me, couldn’t pay that on a pension. Although I did buy this iPad, I’m typing on. Had to add £99. to my winter fuel allowance for that. The new ctek d250 , cable, compression tool and other odds n ends are coming due this month as well.

Plus, you never stop being a parent. It’s nice to be in the position to help when needed.
Getting sentimental now. No good for my gruff macho image. ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back