Have I forgot anything

SueS

You mention phone card does your current sim provider not have roaming? Three lets you phone a phone number in the country you are in or a UK number for free. There's always what's app or similar ... As to currency we don't bother and use a credit card - Halifax Clarity or one that doesn't charge for foreign transactions. PS are you planning on going off piste into Germany?
Market traders and ice cream vendors don't often take credit cards. Cash is King!!

Lunnie

Teabags as they are a £1 for 20in Holland.
Try going north in Holland into Groningen Province, Appie from Winsum a lovely village and area we go to Leer in Germany for our booze shopping at Famila og in Germany buy your fuel after lunch the prices can come down then.
If you like bacon take it with you... And cheese if you like Cheshire or Lancashire out crumbly ones.
Cash as cards not always accepted as previously said..
If you were to go to Winsum there is a campsite on the canal Marenland but if for one night there is a layby not on a main road but opposite the old cemetery we has stopped there all quiet no problem..
Wierdaweg is the name of the street..
J&A pub by the bridge over the canal is just brilliant for people and boat watching. Our favourite place..
Enjoy

It used to be that you had to tell banks/credit card companies you were going abroad, so they didn't stop your cards due to suspicious activity.

Paul

It used to be that you had to tell banks/credit card companies you were going abroad, so they didn't stop your cards due to suspicious activity.

Paul
You still have to so good point, I only use my debit card to top up my Caxton FX card so I didn't bother to tell them, at the third or fourth top up it was declined and I had to phone Nat West security, I was told it was because of suspicious activity so I was happy with that and after answering a few security questions I had no further problems

Bill!?..;):)

I've put this in another thread, but as members are using this excellent thread......

I tend to rush, and to prevent disaster I always travel with an A4 piece of paper (folded in half along it's long side) with a big arrow and DRIVE RIGHT written on it in bold.

Whenever I turn off the engine, I always put it in front of the instrument panel. It's my way of preventing starting up in the morning in the middle of no-where, bleary eyed, and driving off on the wrong side of the road.

I've put this in another thread, but as members are using this excellent thread......

I tend to rush, and to prevent disaster I always travel with an A4 piece of paper (folded in half along it's long side) with a big arrow and DRIVE RIGHT written on it in bold.

Whenever I turn off the engine, I always put it in front of the instrument panel. It's my way of preventing starting up in the morning in the middle of no-where, bleary eyed, and driving off on the wrong side of the road.
Sorry yes I based my tick list on your brilliant original thread but I needed a tick list to go on and keep track of what I need to do hope you didn’t mind me sterling parts of it. 💋💋

...... but it was Trotter's thread. :)

Not me Annie, I’m knikking your list. I think HurricaneSmith was referring to putting a piece of paper with an arrow on it, on his dashboard to remind him to drive on the right.

Not me Annie, I’m knikking your list. I think HurricaneSmith was referring to putting a piece of paper with an arrow on it, on his dashboard to remind him to drive on the right.
Well we are a caring sharing bunch so whoev er put the first list up Thankyou and feel free to use my list anyone that needs to. 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:230)

oppy, Wooie1958, pagey, TeamRienza, tonybvi, wildebus, tapfitter, 2cv, cronkle, Minisorella, mark61, Allen, rayc, paulhelenwilko, EJB, mr brown, Phase3begins, StreetSleeper, Ian1950, nabsim, Trek, yorkslass, Rec, Ukwanderer, SimonM, dij260, Jenrai, Alf, jeffmossy, roddew, Wully, Molly 3, helen262, katv, Edina, rugbyken, trar2, Exwindsurfer, andyjanet, TJBi, saxonborg, timatabsa, trixie88, Roger Haworth, runnach, Lee, kenspain, Annabella, UFO, The laird, RoaminRog, Topmast, dalspa, Martingrant, hg41hs, CavityandLacey, bellars, Vanterrier, Jeanette, Linda, kevlakes, Cocky, Tezza33, korky, Silver sprinter, Phil, St3v3, Telstar, alwaysared, watchthis, Tjay, Forresbroons, CardMaker, Fiona68, Chip, gerrevelyn, 47643, Clunegapyears, Full Member, trevskoda, HurricaneSmith, nutts, guerdeval, wanderlust, cowanhouse, Rockburner, rab126, LANDS43, neildenise, YOLO BUS, Rapido9, mariesnowgoose, Smackaylvit, Pete Rachel, roamingman, RoadTrek Boy, Val54, Mark B, Undertaker, EnaC, moonshadow, Tribute11, Funman, Bounce, GreggBear, hairydog, witzend, Package, Bladette75, Mike-p, Blackwatch, Andyshep, GeoffL, FERENZA, Millie Master, saxonrosie, barfly, rogerha, scrap heap chalenge, Dulvil, Dahlia duo, ian and cath, Ellendale, Trotter, Old Man Down, mandoman, Izwozral, snapster, Steveandjulie, helmit, Sid61, yorkieowl, Horlicks, Cogsy, Clarkster, magpie, Di1234, John and Carole, Tipsy gipsy, Porkie Yorkies, blosax, kneespots, Amudle, Kontikiman, janj, rongrundy, Fred Chase, alun100, Biggarmac, jagmanx, SueS, Lunnie, MikeB, Spacerunner, Mmiles2017, Chickybabe, Doddy, Springer2, Master, greenspeace, Wrp, ken sowerby, Ianfkelly1952, John Gibb, Grouchy, 5andy, motoroamer, Mick P, Bigbarry, Tommyg, Bunnah, gillypoof, Weddog, Reiverlad, Tanglefoot, vanda, Earth Demon, Squeegee, Ginasandra, Marzar, Alice1, Sperring, Petehamilton, subablu, Forcesixwindy, JSP, magicwebs, Bill, Brakers, jpdfisher, pottertonrambler, geordy paul, charlie356, AdriaTwin, Maggie, billfraser, Jabas, old cronies, driver12, Maplec, Gerry Attrick, Haaamster, Kyran, Peter51, MrKenny, Crinchy, ronniemorello, mur, BRS, Mon, Rumour, Rambleman, steve66, Cuthbert, Pem, ian reed, majestic, Forrory, Bobtaylor, der, Big H, Davegarlant, Oldbulldog, Norad60, David26, arkwright01, Sueben, Magsw166, Maritim Nomads, ronharper333@gmail.com,