HOW MANY MEMBERS OWN A HYMER

The laird

Rally Organiser

We made our minds up a bought another hymer (572 travel van)
Going to remove a wardrobe to open the interior up,then the boss wants to stamp her mark on the upholstery,(Scottish theme? )
Will post pice eventually of our handy work as and when ,step by step info
WHAT MODS ETC HAVE YOU DONE TO YOURS TO MAKE IT BETTER FOR YOU IN YOUR OPINION

Last edited:
Whoops soz g it’s the 572 twin singles and a stupid wardrobe behind the the drivers seat which is going ,maybe ok on a lhd but not for us rhd (which is gonna be strange after all the years going abroad with her ,who has been an abso loyal servant to us over 5he years??

Yeah gonna remove the whole thing and store so it can be put back to original condition if required
Going to build a lidded box which will carry the bed extension if g kids come away with us

?? Well I was waiting on that ?.Its kinda like the the Range Rover and the Morris marina scenario both of them having the same switches and door handles Dethleffs let hymer use the odd bit from there 1970s models. I’m off now before I upset phil with his beige hymer ?

the the Range Rover and the Morris marina scenario both of them having the same switches and door handles
When someone tried to break into our 2002 Hymer they damaged the habitation door lock, Brownhills wanted over £150 for a Hymer lock, being ex trade I knew I had seen similar locks before so trawled the internet looking for something similar, found it was a first generation Fiat Punto lock which was built until 1999, got one from the scrapyard and fitted my barrel, cost about £5

So we’re saying that the hymers are out the marinello stables.ferarri?my washer hose burst and I had to refill with washer fluid out a rolls royce??

?? Well I was waiting on that ?.Its kinda like the the Range Rover and the Morris marina scenario both of them having the same switches and door handles Dethleffs let hymer use the odd bit from there 1970s models. I’m off now before I upset phil with his beige hymer ?

BEIGE ? Only old people with Simon Cowell trousers have beige.

1st and 2nd Hymer's, for a couple of years I had both of these, mostly only had one on the road, cracked manifold on the older Talento, welding and lots and lots of mechanical, engine, gearbox issues on the Ducato, still working on her.

SAM_0276.JPG

We really rate our Burstner Travel Van, part of same group. Built so much better than our previous Italian & French vans and very comfortable, whilst being 4 inches narrower than most modern vans really helps on lanes. Best mod we’ve made is magnetic catch on outside of solid loo door - expands washroom elbow room & gives privacy to rear twin beds (even when parked on a slope). Think this vehicle will outlive us. Oh, it helps that we’ve found a really straight, friendly dealer in Ludlow. Enjoy your Hymer!

Hymer up north this weekend performance great beds bl# # dy brilliant heating super as is the shower so it’s a thumbs up big time so far from us
First member to eyeball it our Robert (tribute11)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back