How's your Fridges doing?

Made some mods to how I originally installed my fridge and its made a massive difference in power usage, internal temp (when hot outside) and noise.
Mostly I guess due to the original install which was not overly thought about, I thought a simple fan was enough. But added extra insulation and more controlled airflow and its made a big real world difference
Obvs install is very unique, but the principle of extra insulation esp around compressor compartment, and "thought about" airflow from a cool area is applicable to most compressor layouts.
Hope its useful for someone :)

Reactions: DnK
I always have problems on fridge when ambient outside exceeds 30c with a thetford fridge freezer. Seems gas and on 3 setting manages best. Also fitted a fan to help remove rejected heat out of vent at the top. Separate switch for the fan when I need it. Freezer is fine if full.

What is your normal travelling pattern ? Wilding mostly or campsites [EHU] ?
We haven't had the fridge long but have mostly been on meetings with no ehu and it's worked fine we did 4 nights at Stratford with fridge on and watching dvds on a 12 volt TV and phone charging we had the solar panel out and we only used 60 of the 200 amp battery so I think we should be able to get a full week without ehu

A bit late to the discussion I know, so can only apologise, I have a shoreline marine FD171 12 volt compressor full size under counter fridge freezer and for the last two years has been running from a 220ah eBay AGM battery with victron solar equipment, it’s been fit and forget, at £500 it’s been absolutely brilliant, very quiet, very little amp drain , in comparison to a friend’s crx50 that has given him no end of problems in just under a year. I’m super happy with my choice, only one complaint I had to add door latches.

image.jpg

A bit late to the discussion I know, so can only apologise, I have a shoreline marine FD171 12 volt compressor full size under counter fridge freezer and for the last two years has been running from a 220ah eBay AGM battery with victron solar equipment, it’s been fit and forget, at £500 it’s been absolutely brilliant, very quiet, very little amp drain , in comparison to a friend’s crx50 that has given him no end of problems in just under a year. I’m super happy with my choice, only one complaint I had to add door latches.
That looks like an LEC that Shoreline convert from 240V to 12V DC with a compressor change :)
Interesting they don't fit door catches as part of the conversion.. I guess the usual installation is a river/canal boat so not much cornering going on there :D

I've been plugged in so can't be sure what solar would have done but yes, I would expect it would have kept up if not shaded (parked north of tall house and big fir tree to the west so I don't actually get good solar at home hence why I plug in)
Well, following Storm Arwen, at least I don't have to worry about the big fir tree to the west any more!
🌲

One of the lads that started Shoreline used to work for LEC ( Longford engineering company) 1st started in Longford road Bognor Regis, a garage I used to work at took over the old building, then LEC moved to what was Bognor’s biggest employer on the outskirts, now a massive retail park. Shoreline use the latest Danfos compressor and is super efficient, the only floor I found as mentioned is the dam doors flew open abet with a shed load of beer bottles upon heavy braking when someone pulled out in front of me, so as I live 5 minutes away from shoreline I went back and I came up with the idea of fitting some catches I purchased from eBay, they are trying to come up with something similar but built in, unfortunately there are s lot of patients on the Crx catch so they have to come up with there own interpretation, apart from that it’s been absolutely brilliant.

My current 240V Fridge/Freezer is an LEC one as well :)
Are the little grey bits at the side the catches you added? I had to add catches to mine as well. For the top I used a second hinge bracket and drilled out the original post so I could drop a bolt through the bracket hole and into the alternate hinge hole. Bottom was trickier and made a little bracket out of knock-off meccano.

One of the lads that started Shoreline used to work for LEC ( Longford engineering company) 1st started in Longford road Bognor Regis, a garage I used to work at took over the old building, then LEC moved to what was Bognor’s biggest employer on the outskirts, now a massive retail park. Shoreline use the latest Danfos compressor and is super efficient, the only floor I found as mentioned is the dam doors flew open abet with a shed load of beer bottles upon heavy braking when someone pulled out in front of me, so as I live 5 minutes away from shoreline I went back and I came up with the idea of fitting some catches I purchased from eBay, they are trying to come up with something similar but built in, unfortunately there are s lot of patients on the Crx catch so they have to come up with there own interpretation, apart from that it’s been
My current 240V Fridge/Freezer is an LEC one as well :)
Are the little grey bits at the side the catches you added? I had to add catches to mine as well. For the top I used a second hinge bracket and drilled out the original post so I could drop a bolt through the bracket hole and into the alternate hinge hole. Bottom was trickier and made a little bracket out of knock-off meccano.

image.jpg

Yes, I thought I would share
One of the lads that started Shoreline used to work for LEC ( Longford engineering company) 1st started in Longford road Bognor Regis, a garage I used to work at took over the old building, then LEC moved to what was Bognor’s biggest employer on the outskirts, now a massive retail park. Shoreline use the latest Danfos compressor and is super efficient, the only floor I found as mentioned is the dam doors flew open abet with a shed load of beer bottles upon heavy braking when someone pulled out in front of me, so as I live 5 minutes away from shoreline I went back and I came up with the idea of fitting some catches I purchased from eBay, they are trying to come up with something similar but built in, unfortunately there are s lot of patients on the Crx catch so they have to come up with there own interpretation, apart from that it’s been
a picture, they work really well 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back