Is this worth buying?

Who's Trev?

It won't be Swift who will have deal with the consequences of a direct battery short, is it? I actually doubt if Swift did the cabling like that - maybe a previous owner.

Your choice if you correct it or not.
Sorry David, got mixemtoasties.

do you mean here where it arrowed? there are two fuses hidden by the battery.

1669822664867.png

Yup, that is one. Is it just a fuse covered in Heat Shrink? still not good IMO.
The other thinner red one to the left .... what is that for. Needs a fuse.

I think it's like that because it was tightened down on the then it's been covered, I take your point though David and I will open it up again but on a warmerer day and give it a good look, if it's no kosher in there I have some midi fuses I can use.

I have no idea what they are but one will be from the controller I imagine, possibly the thinner one as it's only low amps, the thicker one might actually be for the new Durite VSR as the Swift one on the circuit board packed up and it was made of unobtanium, repair price was over £400 so I got around it that way.

Looking at the picture again the fuses are in the wrong place anyway, they need to be nearer the terminal, if the insulation breaks it's a heater.

Looking at the picture again the fuses are in the wrong place anyway, they need to be nearer the terminal, if the insulation breaks it's a heater.
(y)

This is the cable I added for my new 60A B2B, with a Fuse holder suitably located and cable pushed down between the plastic of the battery case and plastic battery box (so no danger of any shorting if somehow the cable did get damaged in the box).
1669827340890.png

PS. Dids you have to search for an M8 nut for that stud for the cable? For some reason it seems to be missing on every Ducato I have seen :rolleyes:

Mine also had that nut missing when I added an extra cable.

Where the adaptor peeks out from under the hatch, is there any length left to allow it to come out within the louvred seat box? It just looks a little bit vulnerable where it is, your stilettos may catch it. If it can then you just unhinge the louvre to get at it safely.

(y)

This is the cable I added for my new 60A B2B, with a Fuse holder suitably located and cable pushed down between the plastic of the battery case and plastic battery box (so no danger of any shorting if somehow the cable did get damaged in the box).
View attachment 65121

PS. Dids you have to search for an M8 nut for that stud for the cable? For some reason it seems to be missing on every Ducato I have seen :rolleyes:
No all I used were the existing fasteners.

Mine also had that nut missing when I added an extra cable.

Where the adaptor peeks out from under the hatch, is there any length left to allow it to come out within the louvred seat box? It just looks a little bit vulnerable where it is, your stilettos may catch it. If it can then you just unhinge the louvre to get at it safely.
You talking to me???

Yes it's as far out as it goes I'm afraid, When it's a bit warmer I'll re-do it and route it better.

David, you said you had some extra Ctex bits, can you PM the details I think it might be useful after all.

The easy way would be to have a cigy socket on the dash or battery box connected and fused to the battery, then change the charger cables to a male cigy plug, simple to plug in and remove, you could also charge the starter battery through the vans socket.

You talking to me???

Yes it's as far out as it goes I'm afraid, When it's a bit warmer I'll re-do it and route it better.

David, you said you had some extra Ctex bits, can you PM the details I think it might be useful after all.
I looked and couldn't find them. They will be somewhere, but right now no idea where :(

I think I have a manual timer socket in the garage where you can also set the days it's as well as the time, so I'll set that up to run the EHU/Ctek

Incidentally, I rang Ctek yesterday they have 0333 number which goes direct to Sveden, I spoke to tech and he said once the battery is fully charged it'd be fine to run it for one hour a day, the unit takes approx two minutes to analyse the state of charge and it'll keep it topped up, I meant to ask how much the charger uses but forgot.

Can it be worked out from this?

1669884415164.png

I think I have a manual timer socket in the garage where you can also set the days it's as well as the time, so I'll set that up to run the EHU/Ctek

Incidentally, I rang Ctek yesterday they have 0333 number which goes direct to Sveden, I spoke to tech and he said once the battery is fully charged it'd be fine to run it for one hour a day, the unit takes approx two minutes to analyse the state of charge and it'll keep it topped up, I meant to ask how much the charger uses but forgot.

Can it be worked out from this?
It is the "back current drain" info in the specs. They quote it as under 1Ah/Month so ignorable.

It is the "back current drain" info in the specs. They quote it as under 1Ah/Month so ignorable.
Oh, I thought that was when it was turned off and the battery fed the charger, like the LB could feed the solar panel except it has diodes to stop it.

Oh, I thought that was when it was turned off and the battery fed the charger, like the LB could feed the solar panel except it has diodes to stop it.
I thought that is what you meant - how much is wasted when not in use.

In use, how much is used depends on what the battery wants of course, with a slight overhead for the efficiency of the charger. Maybe 95%?

I'm just trying to work out how much in £s it cost to leave it on 100% or if I do need to have it on a timer and if so how long for.

We used £8 in energy yesterday, and the heating was only set at 16c it's getting a bit scary and the really cold months are not here yet.

I'm just trying to work out how much in £s it cost to leave it on 100% or if I do need to have it on a timer and if so how long for.

We used £8 in energy yesterday, and the heating was only set at 16c it's getting a bit scary and the really cold months are not here yet.
We have to send monthly readings, Kev. About £125 this month, or nearly 50% higher than October. Fortunately, we built up a credit balance during Summer, and we're living off that!

Steve

16c, feck my garage is warmer LOL, my heating has not fired from about 5am and is doing nought, sun through the window has us at 23.7.
Why not just leave the ctek on 24/7, it wont use hardly anything.

This time I was fitting some gridwall in one of the sheds today and after putting things up found the CTEK accessories :D

8A 12V Plug
1670160365944.png

Ring Terminal option

1670160468811.png

Bare Wire Connector, with WAGO terminals to join anything you want up :)
1670161016099.png

And a Manual and Storage Bag
1670161065082.png

1670161078219.png

Thanks very much David, I was hoping you might have had one of their extention cables, I'll need to get one ordered as I'm not happy with where it is right now, I wasnt to run it under the seat then I can mount the charger on the wall.

Unfortunately I don;t see anything I can use in that lot, so hopefully someone else can.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back