Posted by Biggarmac
Borders Event Centre, Springwood Park
Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 12:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 12:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Weather looks good for the rescheduled music evening tonight (Sunday 19.00pm) outside the stewards base. Keep your eyes on the notice board for further updates

If its another rainy day and you have an interest in historic motorsport there are 2 excellent museums 21 miles either side of Kelso.
Jim Clark Motorsport Museum in Duns, arguably, probably the finest ever Formula 1 driver in the world. Excellent very modern museum, I spent 3 hours there today but I read every panel, watch every video and listen to every audio device:LOL:
Did you go to "Jim Clark, the Musical" on last month?

It may be windy but that didn't stop us shooting arrows at the French in Agincourt I bet! 🏹🏹🏹

Unfortunately we are too far to recreate that, but assuming (!!) it is not going to rain, how about a bit of Archery at 2PM? The Wind will just be an extra element to the fun :D

Anyone who fancies a go, head to the top end of the meet field (the end where the Shower block is) (y)

It may be windy but that didn't stop us shooting arrows at the French in Agincourt I bet! 🏹🏹🏹

Unfortunately we are too far to recreate that, but assuming (!!) it is not going to rain, how about a bit of Archery at 2PM? The Wind will just be an extra element to the fun :D

Anyone who fancies a go, head to the top end of the meet field (the end where the Shower block is) (y)
can we just make sure that everyone knows that Campervanannie hit the bullseye dead centre on her 2nd or 3rd attempt 🙌🙌👏👏👏👏

Lovely time at Kelso....well apart from the rain!!! It's a shame we had to cut our stay short but couldn't be helped. Lovely to see everyone and thanks to Meg for organising the meet and Meg, Jeff and Lorraine for keeping us right. One way system ....what one way system!!!!!! 🤪🤣🤪🤣🤪🤣

Nice to catch up with friends old and new. Thanks to Meg for organising the meet and Jeff for excellent directing skills. 😄 Sorry to David for missing the archery.
Enjoy, from Pauline and Roy.🌈🦄

Had to leave before the party started - typical as it was the one evening (Sunday!) when the weather actually cleared up sufficiently for folk to be able to sit outside!

Thanks to Meg, Tim and Jeff for organising etc., it's a lovely part of the world up there and really nice to catch up with some folk we haven't seen since before the pandemic (y)🙏

So as mentioned, on Saturday night, @Campervanannie had her very neat mesh firepit going and I really like the look of that :) (these meets work out very expensive when I see all the handy stuff people have - the Lockore one cost me over a £100!).

I decided to order one as soon as I got back to my motorhome and it was waiting for me when I got back home this afternoon (y)

The only thing is I don't know if they sent out the right thing? :unsure:
I bought and paid for a "mesh firepit" but they seemed to have dispatched a "cat hammock"? 🐱

Firepit? Hammock? by David, on Flickr

Arms/Legs up who says it is a Cat Hammock?

Firepit? Hammock? by David, on Flickr

(PS. That mustardy coloured fluffy bed thing on the right? now THAT is a cat bed that I got for her a couple of weeks ago. Has she taken any interest in that whatsoever? nope, not in the slightest. Blooming cats!)

Thanks to Jeff and Lorraine who have done most of the work welcoming everyone and keeping the records. Last nights music gettogether was a pleasant change from the rainny nights earlier.

A provisional booking has been made for the 4th July till 9th July 2024. More details later

those mesh fire pits are good problem with them is after a couple of years use they rust badly , i know annie managed to source replacement ones from e bay but i couldn’t find them ,

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back