Posted by Biggarmac
Borders Event Centre, Springwood Park
Thursday, July 13, 2023 - 12:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, July 18, 2023 - 12:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
those mesh fire pits are good problem with them is after a couple of years use they rust badly , i know annie managed to source replacement ones from e bay but i couldn’t find them ,
while I was browsing Amazon for the complete kits I saw replacement meshs listed - around £8 for a large I think it was?

So as mentioned, on Saturday night, @Campervanannie had her very neat mesh firepit going and I really like the look of that :) (these meets work out very expensive when I see all the handy stuff people have - the Lockore one cost me over a £100!).

I decided to order one as soon as I got back to my motorhome and it was waiting for me when I got back home this afternoon (y)

The only thing is I don't know if they sent out the right thing? :unsure:
I bought and paid for a "mesh firepit" but they seemed to have dispatched a "cat hammock"? 🐱

Firepit? Hammock? by David, on Flickr

Arms/Legs up who says it is a Cat Hammock?

Firepit? Hammock? by David, on Flickr

(PS. That mustardy coloured fluffy bed thing on the right? now THAT is a cat bed that I got for her a couple of weeks ago. Has she taken any interest in that whatsoever? nope, not in the slightest. Blooming cats!)
I think if you put the mustard thing on top of the fire pit the cat will get the best of both worlds win win pussy cat. 🤣🤣

Turbo no longer wants to be part of the team😁
Grant the transfer request and find it a new team before the Transfer Window closes. Start the new season with a new player who wants to be part of the exciting new set up, and who will boost the speed of the attack, whilst being aware of the need to slow it down when the midfield/middle lane is too busy for raw speed ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Safely home after a fuel stop at Sainsburys. Thanks to the Stewards, the Emergency Drivers, the volunteer sprayers of water and anybody else who knows me, for the Rally, and support during yesterday's little episode. Think my insurers might stipulate the employment of a stunt double for the next Rally ... :oops:. Only did it so that Elaine would wear the nurse's uniform ... :ROFLMAO:

Steve {and Elaine, until the divorce papers are served]

Thanks to Meg for organising, Jeff & Lorraine for all the effort they put in.
Great to see friends old and new, had a wonderful time in great company, looking forward to the next one. Special thanks to Catherine & James and Karen & Christine for two mostly memorable nights🍷🍻

Thanks to Meg for organising, Jeff & Lorraine for all the effort they put in.
Great to see friends old and new, had a wonderful time in great company, looking forward to the next one. Special thanks to Catherine & James and Karen & Christine for two mostly memorable nights🍷🍻
Only cos what I called you 😆 🤣 😂 x

Adding our thanks also:
- to the stewards Meg, Tiny Tim, Jeff and Lorraine.
- to Jeff who helped with our fridge, amongst others.
- to all the lovely folk who stopped to talk meaning my 2 loads of laundry took all morning 😆
- to David for a short archery session as I had to rescue said laundry from the rain!
KandJx

Back home in Wick tonight after a night and day in Auld Reekie. A big thanks to Meg Jeff Lorraine and all who helped make it a great weekend. Also to David for use and tuition on his archery equipment and everyone else I had the pleasure of re-aquainting with and others I met for first time.
All the very best and happy travels to everyone.
Billy

Just wanted to add to the thanks for the success of the meet , we really enjoyed it and special thanks to the stewards.

Glad that people enjoyed having a go at the Archery, even if it with just with the foam-tipped arrows.
Still fun to have a go and maybe it may encourage some to seek out their local club? It is actually a very inexpensive sport to get into as Clubs will have equipment to lend and will operate initial "have a go" sessions to see how you like it with regular arrows and targets.

The Covid period, with the club closed for over a year, did knock my shooting back and it is only until the last couple of months managed to get back to better results and I actually managed my best Round for a very long time (A Round is a total of 36 arrows, shot as either 12 ends of 3, or 6 ends of 6). I do 6 of 6 usually and managed a 56 (out of 60) on one end and a score over 300, which plenty of other Archers manage on a fairly routine basis, but my first time in quite a while :)

56 End by David, on Flickr

Very satisfying and really would recommend anyone to have a go at their local club.
You don't need to be fit to do it either. At my club, one of the members shoots sitting down as he is unable to stand or walk without a stroller thingy (sorry, don't know proper name) and another chap uses his walker for extra support when shooting.

Last edited:
Hi David, it sounds like you are really having a great time getting back into archery.

Being brought up in Ayrshire and my dad from Kilwinning I have heard all about
"The Ancient Society of Kilwinning Archers" founded in 1483.
One of the more unusual shoots they have is the Papingo shoot
Which is a bird perched on a pole at the top of the abbey tower and shot up at from the abbey step.

They also have the stunning silver arrow trophy, so valuable that during the second world war it was buried along with the honours of Scotland (Crown Jewels) for safe keeping !

Well worth having a look at their website

Hi David, it sounds like you are really having a great time getting back into archery.

Being brought up in Ayrshire and my dad from Kilwinning I have heard all about
"The Ancient Society of Kilwinning Archers" founded in 1483.
One of the more unusual shoots they have is the Papingo shoot
Which is a bird perched on a pole at the top of the abbey tower and shot up at from the abbey step.

They also have the stunning silver arrow trophy, so valuable that during the second world war it was buried along with the honours of Scotland (Crown Jewels) for safe keeping !

Well worth having a look at their website
I've heard about that shoot :) Sounds like a challenge!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back