Leaking skylight

It looks like the same one Baz but wrong size. I think mine is a 600 x 600 - hole measures 57 cms square.

It shouldn’t be a write off looking at the photos it’s exactly the same as mine a bog standard dometic heki midi my Motorhome repair guy ordered mine on the Monday it was delivered on the Wednesday and fitted on the Thursday the roof filler bits and Friday the actual skylight I’ll take photos in the morning.
Baz was talking about mine, not the one in the photos, much older van so not worth as much. Never thought of going down the insurance route - but too late now as it was damaged some time in the storms in early summer 2021.

Baz was talking about mine, not the one in the photos, much older van so not worth as much. Never thought of going down the insurance route - but too late now as it was damaged some time in the storms in early summer 2021.
😂😂so confused when we have 2 conversations can going 😂😂

I never had any bother with the winding mechanism in over 12 years of use (on 2 different motorhomes). The secret is to push the window while winding. The biggest strain on the mechanism is right at the beginning, once it is partly open it winds much easier.

Vaseline is an oil based product and unsuitable between the rubber seal and the window. Talcum powder is better but nothing works 100%. If the rooflight has not been opened for some time, the best way to open it as follows. Take up the small amount of free play in the winding handle and push firmly on the rooflight with a flat hand. If it is sticky, you will feel it slowly separating from the rubber seal. Wind the handle a little bit more (gently) and keep pushing until it is free.

I never had any bother with the winding mechanism in over 12 years of use (on 2 different motorhomes). The secret is to push the window while winding. The biggest strain on the mechanism is right at the beginning, once it is partly open it winds much easier.

Vaseline is an oil based product and unsuitable between the rubber seal and the window. Talcum powder is better but nothing works 100%. If the rooflight has not been opened for some time, the best way to open it as follows. Take up the small amount of free play in the winding handle and push firmly on the rooflight with a flat hand. If it is sticky, you will feel it slowly separating from the rubber seal. Wind the handle a little bit more (gently) and keep pushing until it is free.
I have tried different lubes cure is a new seal , remis lifting mechanism break for fun I'm on number 3 look after your skylight, very difficult to obtain over 3 months if your lucky and Inflated prices , manufacturing and shipping problems from Germany, some models now not available like cas,s ,mine got smashed in last winters gails van manufacturers stopped using remis wind ups and fit Heki witch is bigger than remis so don't fit the hole

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back