Leisure battery choice

Iandsm

Has anyone used these, they seem a good price and from what read the brand seems decent. Compared to other makes they appear a good buy. Would appreciate recommendations for other batteries as well so long as they are the sealed no maintenance types.

What shame they lie about the capacity. 87.7ah's out of it and it would not do it any favours. And I doubt if it could do it 400 times.
Can you expand on that, Im not sure I understand. Do you think a pair of these would not be suitable?

Bosch/varta stop start are miles better, but wildbus and I will say go for the lead carbon batteries which can cycle almost right down and last many times longer and at the same price, and I would buy nothing from halfrods, go to a proper battery shop or on line.

Bosch/varta stop start are miles better, but wildbus and I will say go for the lead carbon batteries which can cycle almost right down and last many times longer and at the same price, and I would buy nothing from halfrods, go to a proper battery shop or on line.
thanks for that, appreciated.

Has someone hacked Trev’s account???

Have you got a link to these batteries, I have two platinum batteries which are 110 amps each, but they seem knackered now, they have managed just over 3 years old, so looking at replacing them. Cheers

Have you got a link to these batteries, I have two platinum batteries which are 110 amps each, but they seem knackered now, they have managed just over 3 years old, so looking at replacing them. Cheers
I think I will be going to these subject to them being ok for my battery charger.

https://www.alpha-batteries.co.uk/12v-leoch-pure-lead-carbon-plh-c100-deep-cycle-leisure-battery/

These come with delivery included whereas Taya charge quite a lot for delivery.

Has anyone used these, they seem a good price and from what read the brand seems decent. Compared to other makes they appear a good buy. Would appreciate recommendations for other batteries as well so long as they are the sealed no maintenance types.
I had two of $BAY earlier this year more than happy with them 12v 130ah Leisure Battery High Power Deep Cycle 4yr Warranty , Still selling on there No 164785981683 gone up a bit in price

Unfortunately lead carbon are now above lifting capacity. L A should be taken down to half capacity how low can a LC safely go ??

Last edited:
Unfortunately lead carbon are now above lifting capacity. L A should be taken down to half capacity how low can a LC safely go ??
Good to see you back Baz. I’m sorry for your loss.
Lead carbon batteries can be taken to 30% SOC occasionally. Obviously not on a regular basis.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back