Lost our travelling buddy

have done lots more online, registered via her chip as missing and posted on various lost dog sites. We cannot find her body, and I think we know and have accepted deep down, that she is not coming back. She really was so unwell that she couldn't have gone far and, hard though it is, we think she went off to die in her own. She had a loving, (spoilt) life after the hard start when she was kept in a cage to breed puppies till 18mths. She went everywhere with us, and she has taken a bit of our hearts with her. The hardest part now is going out on our land and wondering....and going back to UK without her in April.
R ally r rally sad story feeling for you

• Thank You
Reactions: Rec
My heart goes out to you Ruth we also had a dog go missing when she was really really poorly we were devastated especially the kids, so my thoughts are with you

• Thank You
News, of a sort. We had a call from our neighbour whose friend was clearing her land and found Chloe. She was curled up in the undergrowth about ten minutes walk (for us) from here. She must have had an adrenaline rush to get that far, and we had searched that area but she was well hidden. She is back home now and at least we have closure, which we had thought we never would achieve. Thanks for all your kind thoughts and comments.

Sorry to hear your sad news, but glad you at least found her & got closure. At least now you can move forward....

She is back home now and at least we have closure

Such sad but happy news, she done what her natural instincts told her to do, now is the time to rejoice as those happy memories flood back through your minds.
My thoughts are with you.
Phil

Having lost one of our dogs recently I feel your pain concentrate on the great life she had with you.

News, of a sort. We had a call from our neighbour whose friend was clearing her land and found Chloe. She was curled up in the undergrowth about ten minutes walk (for us) from here. She must have had an adrenaline rush to get that far, and we had searched that area but she was well hidden. She is back home now and at least we have closure, which we had thought we never would achieve. Thanks for all your kind thoughts and comments.
You will meet again at the Rainbow Bridge...
I have a few waiting for me.
God Bless you.

Sorry to hear your news Ruth but pleased that you have closure and Chloe is back where she belongs with you just think of all the happy times and memories that you made with her and that she had a good and loving home with people that loved her..

So sorry to hear the sad news. Many animals like to "go away" to die so it may be some condolence to you that she was doing what she wanted to do. We had a very poorly cat that kept taking himself off to a shed. We decided that, for him, the time had come to say goodbye. Run free Chloe.

So sorry to hear your sad news. Finding Chloe and getting closure is so important and at least you know she calmly accepted the situation and willingly did what her instincts told her to do. I know from experience that you'll have a doggie-shaped hole in your life for a while but the happy memories will come back in time. Big hugs to you both xx

Pleased that you have closure now, it must be the not knowing that hurts the most.

So sorry to hear that, its heart breaking at any time to lose a valued member of your
Family, hope you can find her soon ,my thoughts are with you

So sorry to hear that, its heart breaking at any time to lose a valued member of your
Family, hope you can find her soon ,my thoughts are with you
Thanks, we did. Over a year ago now....#43 :(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back