Mobility scooter lift for a motorhome

You put a lot of weight on since I saw you last year then? Didn’t think you looked much different size to me
Sign this reference, quickly, Neil :ROFLMAO:. Suffice to say, if I fall over face first, I won't have to worry about breaking my specs, 'cos the spare tyre for the Van, a la Michelin Man, will save me ... Winter Wardrobe refresh will be Super FB size :rolleyes:

Steve

I did post as a reply to Marchie so it’s either you with dementia or in need of a trip to SpecSavers Kev 😂😂😂
Indeed you did Sir.

1696597562092.gif

stop taking the tablets right away.

A little step further, in the van tidying, (had to stop) but as the bar had arrived on Saturday so I offered it up, I'm not up to lifting myself up on it yet but it took as my weight (16st 13.5lbs with clothes, Coming down slowly) as I could put on it so 28 kilos isn't going to shift it, I put it up as is but I think I'll dig my hole saw kit and out and cut some 100mm holes in something to spread it a bit more it did creak a tiny bit, not much a couple of small spreaders will cure that, the bar does come with a screw in kit, but I'll not use it.

So stage one is complete (ish) the hoist doesn't come until Saturday :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As you can see the scoot is quite small and the square bar will be the lifting point, same as in the video last week. I can see and operate the control panel etc, I could move it a bit further towards the door a bit.

1696934775413.jpeg

1696934797102.jpeg

The winch has just arrived, it is peeing down so I'm not going down to the van to try it out, so I dragged the Vax vacuum out and tried with that, it is light enough to use but I'd say about 10kilos to lift, I put a loop in the rope and I can lift it easily with my little finger on either hand so Liz should be able to manage the scooter easily without hurting her shoulders.

I'll test it properly in the next day or two.

Reactions: 2cv
Test day, I had to go out in the van to Asda so gave it a go.

No movement or creaks from the lifting bar so happy with that, the actual idea worked really well single handed, but the procedure is a little awkward as there is no brake and you need one hand to pull the scoot out of the door which was easy enough as I just had to let the rope slide slowly through my hand, putting it back in was more difficult due to the 5-1 effort equalling 5 inches of rope per inch on the lift so it was lift as much as possible then push the scoot against the van and hold it while I moved my hand up the rope, I think an old thick towel hanging out of the door to protect the van and the scoot from scratches would help as I may then be able to use both hands, this was why I initially wanted to have a 12v electric winch with remote and rejected the pulley system, but it does work quite well, Liz working the rope would make it much easier, I also have a self propelled wheelchair in the van and I think it might work off the above door grab handle although I think I can manage just lifting that out manually

1697116374546.jpeg

1697116392385.jpeg

Interesting discussion and a good answer to the problem. I've been thinking about a small electric winch to get my off road mobility vehicle out of trouble if I get stuck in soft ground. One is supposed not to go venturing alone but it could be tempting -- I keep getting older and my heart doesn't have the stamina for hill rambling. On the KISS system I was reminded that I do have a 120mm single pulley and nylon 9mm rope (carried when I could go off track on the lake district hills) last used too move a one tonne caravan on level ground with a 2>1 advantage. It also gets used for lifting boxes into the loft.

btw a Turfer is a shortening of "to and fro" alternative name for a ratchet winch.
Like this...

Turfer winch.png

That's way too big and isn't what I want Annie.

The scoot when folded up is about the same size as the base of a car seat, it's a brilliant little thing for its size, bigger is better for everyday use but this is fine to go in the van and I now have a 12v charger fitted into the van with the charging dock and a spare battery so I just need an easy way to get it in and out with the minimum of fuss and effort, low cost.

No one has asked if Liz could do it, yes she could and is always asking to do it, but she has rotator cuff injuries to both arms and they are not getting better, so I have told her she is not lifting it at all no point in us both being in pain.

See tiny thing

View attachment 69750
I wonder if you could give some advise whether that kind of light weight scooter is usable in an average campsite with gras spots and gravel roads? We are in the process of getting a mobility scooter but the more heavy ones (and more offroad friendly) will be impossible to bring along in our RV...
Best regards,
Stein

The one I have isn't for off-road, it will travel on short cut firm grass, but not gravel or mud as you only have about two inches of clearance, it has plastic wheels which virtually no tread so not a lot of grip, it is designed for the street or shopping etc.

I wonder if you could give some advise whether that kind of light weight scooter is usable in an average campsite with gras spots and gravel roads? We are in the process of getting a mobility scooter but the more heavy ones (and more offroad friendly) will be impossible to bring along in our RV...
Best regards,
Stein
My mobility scooter is not the lightest but certainly copes with grass and most gravel. It’s useful for transporting in our small van that it easily breaks down into smaller parts. https://www.kymco.co.uk/mobility-range/mobility-scooters/k-lite-comfort-eq10db

Mine for comparison porpoises.

It's Trevor, best ignored and if you have to, view from a substantial distance Neil.

I know, but it's Trev, forum rules state you have to be unkind or he thinks you like him.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back