Mobility scooter lift for a motorhome

What’s wrong with it?
Not very stable and you would need to be quite fit to use it as described, I wouldn't be able to use it if I had to build it dismantle it twice each time I wanted to use the scooter.

The scooter is the same as mine, except mine folds electrically on a fob.

The idea for mine came from this.

Reactions: 2cv
Until I find a 12v hoist I thought I might try these so ordered them from Amazon just now, as the lift is 5-1 Liz might be able to manage that while I handle the scooter

This comes with all I need too except the bar.

This seems to be the cheapest doorway bar I will add 2 spreader plates in the van a blob of silicone will hold them in place while I fit the bar
Your block and tackle is way too big for what you need. I have a 6 block pulley with thin cord that will lift a buggy with ease. It weighs nothing at all. It also has a ratchet arm to hold the load.

I thought it was OTT on weight, but didn't find another which was less it was handy that it came with a couple of slings too.

Which one do you have?

I thought it was OTT on weight, but didn't find another which was less it was handy that it came with a couple of slings too.

Which one do you have?
It is actually an 8 pulley system (have not used it for years) and made by HALTRAC. Here is a photo with 12" Rule for scale.

SAM_0698.JPG

Looks like the one I used to use in the 80s pulling engines out of my cars.

You're sitting on a fortune :D :D

Looks like the one I used to use in the 80s pulling engines out of my cars.

You're sitting on a fortune :D :D

Yes, I saw that ad. Pity it is in the USA though.

You can buy the individual pieces and make up your own quite easily for little money.

I might knock something together myself. I use a Hyundai Petrol Lawnmower which will need to be drained and cleaned up shortly. Because it has an electric start and propels itself, it is quite heavy. I need to get it raised up to work on it properly once the cutting season is over.

I'll have to wait for delivery of the one on Amazon but it does look like a decent bit of kit, I might even not bother getting an electric winch if I manage okay with it, Liz thinks it will work better, and it certainly simplifies it all.

That looks ideal, just price
No one size fits all I suppose, I know they import from China and add a big markup, £200 is would be about right, more if it was self powered.

Simple lift, as you can see a runner bar is bolted/fixed in van with a free running bar on wheels under it.
This will have a wheel at door end with a cord/cable to the motor at inside end, power by curley cables 12v, you can use a remote or simple switch to go up or down, then just a simple push in or out with the chair on the runner bar.
You could use a hooked stick to withdraw or shove chair in thus not to complicated.chair lift.jpg

Thanks, Trev but that is even more complicated than the one in the OP, takes up more space, and materials and is harder to fix and remove without a trace not to mention holes in the roof. if it extended out of the van door that would be better, but as is it only goes as far as the method in the OP.

The bar should arrive today, then I can insert that (if it fits) and see if it moves anything in the van when I fit it & if not then I will hang from it and shake about a bit to see if it moves if it stays put then I'll try the pulley when it arrives.

Thanks, Trev but that is even more complicated than the one in the OP, takes up more space, and materials and is harder to fix and remove without a trace not to mention holes in the roof. if it extended out of the van door that would be better, but as is it only goes as far as the method in the OP.

The bar should arrive today, then I can insert that (if it fits) and see if it moves anything in the van when I fit it & if not then I will hang from it and shake about a bit to see if it moves if it stays put then I'll try the pulley when it arrives.
It does extend out, thats what the slide rail is for, only 4 fixing mounts, all very simple to make and use.
Here in the out pos, look againlift out.jpg

Thanks again Trev, I'll have to pass on that it's beyond what I could do and I'm not going to farm it out, and I don't want holes in the roof.

The bar has arrived it bears my 17 stone so the Scooter should be okay on it.

Thanks again Trev, I'll have to pass on that it's beyond what I could do and I'm not going to farm it out, and I don't want holes in the roof.

The bar has arrived it bears my 17 stone so the Scooter should be okay on it.
No holes in the roof, just a mounting plate at each end left and right, it would have to be hand made as each van inside width is not the same, good luck with whatever you go for.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back