Mobility scooter lift for a motorhome

Have you considered ramps ,how would a lift work very little space to manover through a narrow motorhome door I used to dismantle ours and reassemble in the van and strap down
Already made some for the first Scooter, & still have them but as I said above not viable now, the door is plenty wide enough to lift it in and out by hand already so a hoist wouldn't change that.

you could use one of these no idea on price or weight but you would be back to lifting this in and out.

IMG_3141.jpegIMG_3142.jpeg

That's way too big and isn't what I want Annie.

The scoot when folded up is about the same size as the base of a car seat, it's a brilliant little thing for its size, bigger is better for everyday use but this is fine to go in the van and I now have a 12v charger fitted into the van with the charging dock and a spare battery so I just need an easy way to get it in and out with the minimum of fuss and effort, low cost.

No one has asked if Liz could do it, yes she could and is always asking to do it, but she has rotator cuff injuries to both arms and they are not getting better, so I have told her she is not lifting it at all no point in us both being in pain.

See tiny thing

1696246012076.png

Can you not fit a we pulley to pull the chair in. :unsure:
Essentially yes Trev. that was my first idea, I thought there was a chance I or Liz might let go of the cord/rope and I'd try to catch it and I'd be more injured, plus I'd need to guide the scooter in and out & it would still need to be hung from something, so I thought if I have to modify the van I may as well get a cheap winch to hang from a bar.

Overcomplicated, all these systems have to be carried in the van and it isn't big enough, they add weight and much too much cost.
Yes it’s a difficult one I’m lucky that I can lift mine in and out with ease and have a large under bed storage garage that it goes in maybe you need to find a motorhome mobility place that may come up with the perfect solution for you but alas it will not be cheap

What I'm thinking of won't be silly money, not exactly elf n safety of course, but I will be the only one using it and if it make my life even 10% better then I'll be doing it, I see it as a DIY job mainly once I get a bar made, I need to find a fabricator near me, simple job, a tube with a plate each end and a ring in the middle.

Essentially yes Trev. that was my first idea, I thought there was a chance I or Liz might let go of the cord/rope and I'd try to catch it and I'd be more injured, plus I'd need to guide the scooter in and out & it would still need to be hung from something, so I thought if I have to modify the van I may as well get a cheap winch to hang from a bar.
Use a boat winch pully as it locks clicks every we bit of turn, failing that you can join me in a care home. 😂

Can you link me to one Trev. sounds possible if not too expensive.

Did you pull it up a ramp?

I need to lift mine about two feet, a ramp would get in the way plus carrying it about and storing it.

When my back feels a bit better I'll measure where the bar might go, see where I can get some short lifting belts made, I'll need at least one, I might make my own I have some old seat belt somewhere which will be more than strong enough but easy to sew, then look at a suitable and easy to power winch, I'm thinking just a ciggy socket plug as it only needs to be powered when I'm using it, nothing fancy for me.

Looking for 12volt winch suggestions 50kg max is enough.

Did you pull it up a ramp?

I need to lift mine about two feet, a ramp would get in the way plus carrying it about and storing it.

When my back feels a bit better I'll measure where the bar might go, see where I can get some short lifting belts made, I'll need at least one, I might make my own I have some old seat belt somewhere which will be more than strong enough but easy to sew, then look at a suitable and easy to power winch, I'm thinking just a ciggy socket plug as it only needs to be powered when I'm using it, nothing fancy for me.

Looking for 12volt winch suggestions 50kg max is enough.
Yes I pulled it up a 5ft ramp into the garage of my motorhome and it was a 12v winch.

Mine would drive up that Annie, but I don't have a garage and I bet your scoot is a much better but heavier one than mine as you need it all the time, mine lives in the van full time, I just bought a wheelchair for the car to see if I can get out with Liz more but she doesn't seem too keen on pushing it despite it being her idea :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No good Annie, no space to mount it and turn the handles on that type, I think that's what Looney toons Trev meant ;) ;)

It needs to be small and compact and electric, a remote control would help too.

No good Annie, no space to mount it and turn the handles on that type, I think that's what Looney toons Trev meant ;) ;)

It needs to be small and compact and electric, a remote control would help too.
I’ll keep looking. 😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back