My Christmas pressie to me

I would be worried about the heart rate watch if it had a warning bleeper, because if I was out with the wife and a big long legged blond went past me with a short split dress and low cut blouse it would explode and then my head would cave in.:eek:

Mr Bezos's girlfriend just rang me, and wanted to know my name, yeah right, you called me you should know my name, anyhoo via me He will have a very good idea of what I think of his company and how it should be run, so it didn't lose a trillion dollars.

Mr Bezos's girlfriend just rang me, and wanted to know my name, yeah right, you called me you should know my name, anyhoo via me He will have a very good idea of what I think of his company and how it should be run, so it didn't lose a trillion dollars.
Thats a boy Pudsey, so many ar-e h-les out there these days.

Update, after posting this I got email from Royal Fail informing that Pat is collecting my return watch tomorrow, WTF, So I get Amazon to call me and I have to tell them that this woman (typically) didn't listen to me, and assumed I wanted to return the watch I got yesterday, err, no, they tell me I have to return it as it has gone through the system and cannot be changed, ERR yes it can as I'm not returning it, on hold for ten minutes, yes it's okay you can keep it the return has been canceled now, what a farce if they carry on like this world wide they deserve to go down the pan.

I finally remembered to wear the watch in bed last night, the sleep diagnosis it got absolutely spot on, it knew when I laid down to go to sleep when I got up for a wee when Liz decided to go to sleep, and when I woke for another at 3 am and when I started to stir at 06:30 so I'm pleased about that bit, I have a sleep score of 91 which at 72 I think is quite good, seems my 24hr average heart rate is 80, not happy about that TBH, the lying Bstd says my blood oxygen is 99% which according to google is impossible to tell from a smartwatch.

You can use it for phone calls which is a PITA TBH, as you can't hear them and they can't hear you, and as it's Bluetooth you can't pick up the phone as it is cut off, and the phone is Bluetoothed to the car as well so you can't use it then either, I looked all over the app to turn it off, and then found it under a menu on the watch, steep learning curve for old farts.

I finally remembered to wear the watch in bed last night, the sleep diagnosis it got absolutely spot on, it knew when I laid down to go to sleep when I got up for a wee when Liz decided to go to sleep, and when I woke for another at 3 am and when I started to stir at 06:30 so I'm pleased about that bit, I have a sleep score of 91 which at 72 I think is quite good, seems my 24hr average heart rate is 80, not happy about that TBH, the lying Bstd says my blood oxygen is 99% which according to google is impossible to tell from a smartwatch.

You can use it for phone calls which is a PITA TBH, as you can't hear them and they can't hear you, and as it's Bluetooth you can't pick up the phone as it is cut off, and the phone is Bluetoothed to the car as well so you can't use it then either, I looked all over the app to turn it off, and then found it under a menu on the watch, steep learning curve for old farts.

EverlastingShortAlaskankleekai-size_restricted.gif713Ee14krBL._AC_SX569_.jpg

This will help how?

Old F.A.R.T.S., Kev; 'Failing At Reacting To Smart' ... I am an expert at it :D . Fortunately, Elaine, my Carer/Love/Tech Support Officer is a] Female, so able to multi task without turning a hair; b] calm and rational, so doesn't fly into a foul-mouthed temper tantrum c] a retired Database Administrator, so quite happy to sort out my IT queries/problems. 'If you'll just stop effing and blinding, and let me work out the answer in peace for a few minutes ...' (y)

My role is to act as a benchmark, proving that there is always someone worse ...

Steve

I usually get to the point where I ask "do want it up your ******* 4rse or over your ******* head?

Doctors and hospitals are the best, puttin stupid signs up asking you to treat them as you wish to be treated, my response is fine, but today would be nice.

And as for what the yanks call a seeing eye dog, what's the purpose of a sign on a door saying no dogs except assistant dogs, Liz goes nuts when I tell her it's okay for her to come in too.

I've been wearing the watch in bed for a few days now and it seems to be pretty accurate in following my patterns, not sure how it calculates REM sleep but it does give a figure for it, peaks are going to the loo.

1668762901248.png

Reactions: 2cv
I got one of these kind of gizmos today for my birthday. I got a Fitbit a few years ago and that was getting a bit of a pain :( Would have liked a different strap but non-standard size & style, and screen small, B&W and hard to read, so time for something new :)

After looking at loads of options on Amazon, decided on the Huawei GT2 Pro version - https://amzn.to/3HYAgRb - as wanted a watch that actually looked like a traditional watch (so a round body), standard strap fitting so possible to swap, and the ability to have a traditional kind of face as well.

1671816344444.png

Took a while to get going as seemed to want to do lots of updates right out the box (bit like a Victron charger!) but looks just the business :)
As well as the watch function, can read text messages, see an incoming call and can actually answer and talk & listen directly via the watch which could be handy (especially maybe in a car as a hands-free type system?).
One thing which I was initially surprised about is when I went to look at different faces and found they were chargable! I then found a bunch of standard provided ones for free. I guess there is a little cottage industry in creating watch faces, which is good for those guys making them. The group of standard free ones are good anyway so no real need to get anything else for quite a while and even then only for a change I think.

I got one of these kind of gizmos today for my birthday. I got a Fitbit a few years ago and that was getting a bit of a pain :( Would have liked a different strap but non-standard size & style, and screen small, B&W and hard to read, so time for something new :)

After looking at loads of options on Amazon, decided on the Huawei GT2 Pro version - https://amzn.to/3HYAgRb - as wanted a watch that actually looked like a traditional watch (so a round body), standard strap fitting so possible to swap, and the ability to have a traditional kind of face as well.

View attachment 65286

Took a while to get going as seemed to want to do lots of updates right out the box (bit like a Victron charger!) but looks just the business :)
As well as the watch function, can read text messages, see an incoming call and can actually answer and talk & listen directly via the watch which could be handy (especially maybe in a car as a hands-free type system?).
One thing which I was initially surprised about is when I went to look at different faces and found they were chargable! I then found a bunch of standard provided ones for free. I guess there is a little cottage industry in creating watch faces, which is good for those guys making them. The group of standard free ones are good anyway so no real need to get anything else for quite a while and even then only for a change I think.
My initial reaction when you mentioned wanting a digital and a traditional display was that I didn't have you down as a two faced individual ... :D. But then I thought, 'Careful, Steve, 'cos when you seek David's help with the next electrical problem/upgrade, he might suggest that you insert in your second face, which could be difficult if you're sitting down at the time ...' :oops:

So, on reflection, I withdraw my initial reaction, 'cos I can grovel with the best of them [years of practice ...], and congratulate you on your new purchase! (y)

Steve

View attachment 65286

Duplicate post of #34, and the original was grim enough ... Apologies

Steve

As a watch mine is ok, better still with the new strap, as an O2 counter, crap, as a BP counter crap, steps are getting better each time, sleep counter is useless, I got a sleep score of 97 last night despite me having a terrible night feeling sick and stomach pain, as a phone it works but isn't really loud enough for practical use, it can trigger the camera and play music but I haven't tried those.

I would have gone for a better one but I thought £50 was enough, my main want was a watch for nighttime without having a bedroom clock.

Unless a medical reason why would you want to know how many times you go to the loo in the night; it's bad enough you have to get up? Just asking.
My phone has an app for steps on it. The only flaff is remembering to carry it round the house to justify not doing anything. Also pockets have to be big enough as handbags can be a pain. Also have a heartrate monitor if needed it. I have a basic non Iphone.
I get it about wearing a watch but doesn't it make all your calls public if on your watch. Some of the calls shared with girlfriends are not for sharing!

Unless a medical reason why would you want to know how many times you go to the loo in the night; it's bad enough you have to get up? Just asking.
My phone has an app for steps on it. The only flaff is remembering to carry it round the house to justify not doing anything. Also pockets have to be big enough as handbags can be a pain. Also have a heartrate monitor if needed it. I have a basic non Iphone.
I get it about wearing a watch but doesn't it make all your calls public if on your watch. Some of the calls shared with girlfriends are not for sharing!
Because one can! For philosophical reasons [can one be an anal retentive if one is always nipping to the loo? ...]; because we are all idiosyncratic in our own sweet way ... (y). But best of all, when learning of another person's idiosyncrasies. one can say, 'Blimey! And I thought that I was odd! ...' :D

Steve

If that's to me, I didn't want to know how many times I went, I know without the watch, sleep quality was the other aim as there is no way to assess this without a camera or a smartwatch, but the other night it gave me 100% sleep score, total rubbish I got up 3 times and I was tossing and turning all night too.

I just have it by the bed now, pointless waste of money.

1672140425240.jpeg

Do you mean the 24hr average is impossible to tell or the blood/oxygen rate full stop? My Apple Watch does this and it has always been very close to what the doctors/nurses get when I have had any tests done. It’s doesn’t just do it by itself though, you have to set it off and follow instructions for a reading.

Why don’t you like your heart rate of 80? Normal for someone over 10 is in the range of 60-100 isn’t it? I know I haven’t done much at all today and mine is showing between 60 and 80 from midnight to time of typing.

The health and fitness side is why I stopped wearing my Tag and got an Apple Watch in the first place. I have fooled it a few times when clapping and it asks if I have fallen but it’s just a button press to say I am okay so it doesn’t call emergency services.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back