My Christmas pressie to me

Do you mean the 24hr average is impossible to tell or the blood/oxygen rate full stop? My Apple Watch does this and it has always been very close to what the doctors/nurses get when I have had any tests done. It’s doesn’t just do it by itself though, you have to set it off and follow instructions for a reading.

Why don’t you like your heart rate of 80? Normal for someone over 10 is in the range of 60-100 isn’t it? I know I haven’t done much at all today and mine is showing between 60 and 80 from midnight to time of typing.

The health and fitness side is why I stopped wearing my Tag and got an Apple Watch in the first place. I have fooled it a few times when clapping and it asks if I have fallen but it’s just a button press to say I am okay so it doesn’t call emergency services.
I have a BP meter which is accurate when compared to the Docs, as is my Blood/oxy/pulse meter, the watch is miles out averaging or not, I'm not saying it's impossible, but the proper kit is more reliable, and the watch cannot emulate it as it cannot build up pressure or measure it, not can it measure the oxygen, it may be possible on the higher priced ones, but I cannot find any info on how it actually does any of the claims.

the only things that work are the alarm, steps are close enough, a timer to take a drink and a timer to move about if I've been sitting too long, it keeps good time too, butonly because it's Bluetoothed to my phone.

I have only ever had the Apple version and as I say for me they have always tied in to what the professionals have got, both pulse and blood oxygen within one place. It does say on all the apps these are not intended for medical use though, although I believe that is country/state dependent. More likely to avoid claims than accuracy I suspect. The watch does have to be reasonably snugly fitted and arm held still in lap for certain tests so it’s easy to make them fail if you don’t follow instructions or watch not tight enough/too tightly fitted.

I know one thing, if mine ever shows signs of atrial fibrillation I will be straight on to A&E, and that’s what the consultant at the cardio unit said as well lol

Mine was £56, not expecting a lot and I wasn't dissapointed, not got any Apple stuff and never will, always preferred android, Liz and kids have all Apple.

Interesting reading :)
I've been wearing the watch in bed for a few days now and it seems to be pretty accurate in following my patterns, not sure how it calculates REM sleep but it does give a figure for it, peaks are going to the loo.

View attachment 65023
The graphing and the colours are indentical to the Huawei Health App my watch uses. I don't know if it is some kind of standard or just one app copying another?
The info seems quite accurate and informative as far as I can tell
1672155592416.png

I didn't even know my watch did a SpO2 measurement! I bought a Monitor back in January 2021 when that information was meant to be useful for early Covid diagnosis or something. I remember the measurements from that seem to be a couple of percent lower than I expected - and the watch is reporting just the same slightly low values, so I am thinking it is likely accurate - or at least as accurate as the only other method I have to measure.
As Neil says, there are certain requirements to measure, and when I just ran it, I had to try about 4 times to get the conditions right for it to measure. To my way of thinking, being picky to do a measurement is usually indicative of something wanting to get it right, so I actually see that as a good thing, albeit annoying at the time.
I have had a fitbit since 2017 and my new watch has replaced it. I am finding the HR reported on the new watch seems to report a more even value than the Fitbit. Both are perfectly believable, but I am wondering if the new Watch is doing some kind of averaging? It is certainly reporting less steps than the Fitbit, but the Fitbits are a bit notorious for exagerating the steps and can be easily fooled, so I am thinking this is improved accuracy as well.

Overall, after 4 days of use, I am very pleased with my Huawei GT2 Pro watch. I intend to use it to help get fitter and to that goal I have actually ordered a set of Scales compatible with the watch which can relay weight and other info direct to the Huawei App to tie into the data the watch is providing.

This is the only app I know of for mine, not sure if there are others or if it would even make a difference to performance, but doubt it, I have left a review of it.

I did google how the watches work to get the info, but only found what they do, not how.

This info may be of interest in requirements to measure SpO2?
1672159230260.png
I can't see any reason why these kind of Watches cannot measure this info in a similar way to the Oxymonitors that are attached to the finger. Both use light to perform the readings. (I don't pretend to understand HOW this works, btw. I find it remarkable either device can read this info).

What on earth is all this?, does the damn thing tell the time? I know when my blood oxygen is low-------------------I fall over and usually fall asleep too
So much technology, too much for this simple brain

This info may be of interest in requirements to measure SpO2?
View attachment 65320
I can't see any reason why these kind of Watches cannot measure this info in a similar way to the Oxymonitors that are attached to the finger. Both use light to perform the readings. (I don't pretend to understand HOW this works, btw. I find it remarkable either device can read this info).
Dr Hannah Fry did an Open University tech programme some 3-4 weeks ago [I missed the start so some detail was absent for me!], but she did cover the ability of the major tech firms to build up databases of massive health trials from the Users data, much more rapidly than conventional medical trials could. Against that was a] data security, and b] Big Brother monitoring and being able to categorise individuals as high health risks etc for private medical insurance and similar schemes, allowing US employers to remove employees from their Group Employee Medical Cover Schemes

Steve

Pudsey, you mentioned looking for the "hows" of the blood reading? This may be of use (and looking at the date, it might have been published AFTER you looked for the info?)

It is still greek to me, and I my watch doesn't do this I think (I went for the GT2 Pro. The version that does this is the GT3 Pro but is over £100 more, so much too pricey).

Dr Hannah Fry did an Open University tech programme some 3-4 weeks ago [I missed the start so some detail was absent for me!], but she did cover the ability of the major tech firms to build up databases of massive health trials from the Users data, much more rapidly than conventional medical trials could. Against that was a] data security, and b] Big Brother monitoring and being able to categorise individuals as high health risks etc for private medical insurance and similar schemes, allowing US employers to remove employees from their Group Employee Medical Cover Schemes

Steve
I can see the benefits of the first bit for sure. And I can also see the benefits of the last bit for the EmployERS as well :(

Liz wore my watch to bed last night to see how she slept, she got a 100% score despite going to the loo twice and going down to the car at 6am then coming back to bed.

1672402892497.jpeg

maybe she slept-walked to the car?

Are there any settings in the app that need adjusting? I can't recall the details, but I remember when I got my Fitbit watch back in 2017 the sleep info didn't tie up with what was really happening and I changed an option so it was either less or more sensitive (I can't recall which way I changed it now!) but after I made that change, the sleep info made a lot more sense.
There could be an option set to read the info less often to save battery power and maybe that is causing it to miss events? maybe get it to read more frequently if there is?

It is very odd to get 100% scores every night whatever the settings are though and that would give anyone doubts about the analysis. I just had a look at my watch sleep recording and it doesn't seem to record every "awake" incident (I am pretty sure I don't manage to go through a whole night without a trip to the loo but a couple of nights apparently I never woke up the whole time. Maybe they can't capture or differentiate slow movements? (I have no idea how they determine between light, deep and REM sleep to start with, or even when someone is just stationary or actually sleeping!)

The app is really basic Dave, hardly any settings at all really.

I wish there was a way to kill the watch unless you press a button during sleep time as it lights the whole bedroom up if I put it in the normal looking position.

just looked to see if there was a vid

The app is really basic Dave, hardly any settings at all really.

I wish there was a way to kill the watch unless you press a button during sleep time as it lights the whole bedroom up if I put it in the normal looking position.
On mine the display is off unless I lift my hand or press a button. I would think you would be able to change the brightness settings and display duration? It is a bit like the original LED watches - if the display was on all the time, the battery would die too fast.

Yes mines the same, it should stay off when moving I think, my min delay is 5 seconds, and the brightness is at it's lowest, but it can still wake me up.

I got the scales yesterday. Very impressed with the level of data it provides. Just like the watch does it thing, I have no idea HOW these sort of scales can provide the information it does, but as part of a health/fitness regime I can see it being useful (plan for next year is to get fitter :) )

If interested, these are the scales I got - https://amzn.to/3IdNc62. Photo shows the info they give. Incredible for the cost of the scales IMO.
61QbneprzRL._AC_SL1468_.jpg

They do have a display that comes on when the scales are stepped on, and can link to the Huawei app (which is free) if you want to maintain records.

I got the scales yesterday. Very impressed with the level of data it provides. Just like the watch does it thing, I have no idea HOW these sort of scales can provide the information it does, but as part of a health/fitness regime I can see it being useful (plan for next year is to get fitter :) )

If interested, these are the scales I got - https://amzn.to/3IdNc62. Photo shows the info they give. Incredible for the cost of the scales IMO.
61QbneprzRL._AC_SL1468_.jpg

They do have a display that comes on when the scales are stepped on, and can link to the Huawei app (which is free) if you want to maintain records.
We have the pre-App era scales that pick up data via 4 pressure pads on the scales 'face' from a combination of skin moisture/resistance and then 3-4 seconds to calculate weight/bmi etc against your [user input] profile, Fortunately our model didn't have the voice-activated 'Geroff, you fat bugger!' response, but the weight readout gives a broad hint .... :D

Steve

We have the pre-App era scales that pick up data via 4 pressure pads on the scales 'face' from a combination of skin moisture/resistance and then 3-4 seconds to calculate weight/bmi etc against your [user input] profile, Fortunately our model didn't have the voice-activated 'Geroff, you fat bugger!' response, but the weight readout gives a broad hint .... :D

Steve
Or the "One at a time only please" response :)

These new ones replaced my old basic analog scales which would now have seemed to have underread by around 5% (which was handy :) )

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back