New legs for an old moho

Been a while now and so far used a lot to level the Moho.
Well it was worth every penny we spent on it . And I would recommend this to anyone .
They have made things a lot easier than sticking two bits of plastic under the front wheels hoping it would level up..

In our Moho it never ever worked .we were never level.

But now the push of a button from inside while sitting there enjoying the view all the levelling is automatic..

Now the fridge we fitted a while ago works perfect on gas and mains electric.

One of the best items we have had done . And should have done a while ago.

Yep, I am not a fan of levelling blocks, useful occasionally but not always, there was such a daft slope to my original plot up here in Orkney there was no way I was going to get my LWB Crafter even vaguely level plus Karen always panics and gets upset when positioning them for me

Fortunately Phil suggested I moved to the vacant plot we are on now which is much more flatterer!

My iveco daily has E&P levellers, really looking forward to getting the build completed and using them!

I solved the levelling problem very easily and cheaply. Left mrs at home and just take the dogs. Just pull up and if I don't fall over when I stand up its fine :)

To be honest I quite like a bit of a slope too, as long as my head is uphill. I've a couple of plastic ramps but just don't use them. 🙂

To be honest I quite like a bit of a slope too, as long as my head is uphill. I've a couple of plastic ramps but just don't use them. 🙂
Every time we used to go out I was always head down and the wife was in a bunk bed sliding feet first to the bulkhead.
Any other way was my head up hers down. So the legs have solved everything for us

Quite honestly I don't see the problem in levelling our motorhome? I have a plumb line from what was the rear view mirror and a "level" mark on the dash. I assess the pitch as if I were on a putting green (can't play golf for toffee!) Then position the van accordingly. Usually one levelling wedge does the trick and I can see it's level with the plumb Bob. A minute or two is all it takes.

Quite honestly I don't see the problem in levelling our motorhome? I have a plumb line from what was the rear view mirror and a "level" mark on the dash. I assess the pitch as if I were on a putting green (can't play golf for toffee!) Then position the van accordingly. Usually one levelling wedge does the trick and I can see it's level with the plumb Bob. A minute or two is all it takes.
Can’t be done when the front of the Moho is over 6 inches lower at the front.
No idea why it the way it is .

I've got some large levelling legs and handle which bolt to the chassis for sale if anyone is interested. I took them off my Bourton when I had hydraulic slef levelling fitted.

Can’t be done when the front of the Moho is over 6 inches lower at the front.
No idea why it the way it is .
Jeez, is that on sites? I just drive on and find somewhere flatter but I don’t use so sites so different way of vanning

Jeez, is that on sites? I just drive on and find somewhere flatter but I don’t use so sites so different way of vanning
Here’s a overnight stop in a lay-by so not everywhere we go is easy to get level

Some site pitches set aside for mohos are also not level not too bad but not level but with the self leveling system so far we have been level everywhere inc lay-bys .

IMG_0436.jpegIMG_0437.jpegIMG_0438.jpeg

I don’t mind if it slopes a bit, if when I stand up I don’t fall over/struggle for balance I am ok. If necessary I just sleep other end of the bed, don’t like my head lower than my feet.

If it’s a big slope from passenger side to drivers side in a lay-by I would either move or turn van round though.

I don’t mind if it slopes a bit, if when I stand up I don’t fall over/struggle for balance I am ok. If necessary I just sleep other end of the bed, don’t like my head lower than my feet.

If it’s a big slope from passenger side to drivers side in a lay-by I would either move or turn van round though.
Did both and got a good nights sleep in the end.
Can’t turn either way to sleep as a bit sticks out where the rear seat belts are.

How wierd, just downloaded an inclinometer to my phone to see how far out I am. I am parked on what looks like a downhill slope leaning from drivers side to passenger side. App said I am level front to back and 2 degree slope to passenger side. It definitely looks downhill and when I get out the van it definitely looks uphill hpbehind me lol

How wierd, just downloaded an inclinometer to my phone to see how far out I am. I am parked on what looks like a downhill slope leaning from drivers side to passenger side. App said I am level front to back and 2 degree slope to passenger side. It definitely looks downhill and when I get out the van it definitely looks uphill hpbehind me lol
Try a sprit level just confirm the app is correct.

Try a sprit level just confirm the app is correct.
I deleted the app after I posted. Took dogs out after and it certainly felt a little uphill going behind van and was easier walking back so…

I think the app was crap, what you think?

IMG_3796.jpegIMG_3798.jpeg

I deleted the app after I posted. Took dogs out after and it certainly felt a little uphill going behind van and was easier walking back so…

I think the app was crap, what you think?

View attachment 73742View attachment 73743
I like the dog had one myself many years ago.

As for the app well are there any good ones I tried a few before but the fridge still never worked so I guess there not that accurate .

.................the fridge still never worked so I guess there not that accurate .
If your fridge doesn't work, I have written an article on restoring an old fridge . . except you can't re-gas it but a fridge usually fails for other reasons. I'll post the article under a separate heading.

Is that N/side leg ok looks like it's leaning over to me.
That's what I thought. Have you and I both been drinking the same fire water?
Or perhaps, as it seems to be 'almost' parallel to the wheel, has the stub axle bent?

If your fridge doesn't work, I have written an article on restoring an old fridge . . except you can't re-gas it but a fridge usually fails for other reasons. I'll post the article under a separate heading.
Bought a new Thetford N4080E+. one. Works great now .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back