On board water query.

That slime build up is why you shouldn't use a clear container, why they fit black waste and white fresh is beyond me.
I used a pair of clear 20L containers in my Camper conversion. Clear is good so you can see how full they are, but I also made slip-over covers from them to stop any light reaction. (You see slip-over covers for those big water cooler bottles in offices)

I used a pair of clear 20L containers in my Camper conversion. Clear is good so you can see how full they are, but I also made slip-over covers from them to stop any light reaction. (You see slip-over covers for those big water cooler bottles in offices)
Do you make your own frocks too? ;) ;)

I'm a dab hand with a sewing machine, made all the covers for the self-build etc.

Like quite a few on here, we have 5ltr plastic containers that we bought specifically for our drinking water. They are easy to store and use. Am I worried about the plastic? Of course in every day use, but these containers are ones we bought in 2014 when we bought our first motorhome. They are rinsed and externally cleaned every spring and autumn, then used for both the summer and winter seasons. (In the motorhome, we only have the two seasons of six months each! Van is used extensively in both.) We do fill the tank using a filter, so will wash and clean teeth with tank water, but still prefer to use the containers for drinks. Plus, we don't have to clear the limited space where the kettle and cups sit, to get at the water.

This is what we use to fill the tank. PXL_20240925_101055336.jpg

Back