Oops.

We just tell the kids that we leave on date x and should be back around date y, so don't make any plans for us. They know where we are if they need us, and vice versa

There is a powerful incentive for them not to bother us. They know that I will show them the holiday photos; can, and does, take hours ...

Steve
Still doesn’t stop them moaning about us being “permanently” away!!!

159 days to go and I'll be hanging up my bucket for good, cannae come quick enough.
Is that 159 working days or. 159 total to retirement?
I did a printed monthly calender
Put a diagonal line through the day at 9:01 then A second (/making) an X after lunch.
i suspect 159 working days which means. Easter ???

Is that 159 working days or. 159 total to retirement?
I did a printed monthly calender
Put a diagonal line through the day at 9:01 then A second (/making) an X after lunch.
i suspect 159 working days which means. Easter ???
159 in total Phil (now 158 days-06hrs-50mins & 40 seconds) Actually less than this, as one day holiday next month, 5 day holiday October, then Xmas and New Year.

I'll scrape through :giggle:

Terry my old neighbour over the back worked in John brown’s ship yard as a welder he’s 90 with a cracking sense of humour he tells me he could weld tinfoil. Hes set fire to his garden shed about 3 times since I’ve been here he’s blind as a bat but won’t give up fixing stuff for people.

Terry my old neighbour over the back worked in John brown’s ship yard as a welder he’s 90 with a cracking sense of humour he tells me he could weld tinfoil. Hes set fire to his garden shed about 3 times since I’ve been here he’s blind as a bat but won’t give up fixing stuff for people.
There are a lot of sick people around Wully, they don't how to hang their bucket and electrode holder!!

If kids want to have kids then they should plan to look after them themselves not expect their parents to do it for them.

Good luck with that one!

Most of my mates with kids and grandkids rarely seem to get a chance to make any time for themselves. :rolleyes: (n)

Guess it goes with the territory. Hats off to them, that's what being a good parent is all about (y)

Its up to the individual i suppose, but kids should be brought up to be independent if you want to have any sort of retirement, there is also the chance that you might not be there.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back