Our french trip

Like a pond Gordon, very smooth and now a lot better, warmer and brighter back here in blighty.

That’s us on the ferry graham and the sun is splitting the sky here and temp is getting very hot ?
One of our last snaps f France32648DC4-06AF-49B8-822B-E5ABCCDF53A4.jpeg

Eventually got home after a bloody awful journey back via M25, M1, M62 and M61 instead of the usual M25, M1 then M6.

Received lots of warnings about a crash on Garmin, Google and also warnings on the motorway info signs of an incident on the M6 at Stafford.

Half a dozen or so really bad downpours then to cap it all a monsoon as we got on the M61 which brought the motorway to a halt as several cars aquaplaned and spun.

P.S.

The " Club Lounge " was brilliant with free drinks, snacks, papers and the cleanest toilets i`ve ever experience on any form of transport before.

That's almost what the bloody M61 looked like ( apart from the funny looking duck ) last night when we got on it ....... lol.

know what you mean last year I nearly resorted to a bit of shoplifting to get by? seriously though I’ve got a ferry booked and paid for in two weeks time I’m seriously thinking of binning it and fecking off to a 5 star hotel in Turkey for a couple of weeks the money’s great and there’s some cracking deals around. But feel I need to use the van not a bad dilemma to have I suppose ?

know what you mean last year I nearly resorted to a bit of shoplifting to get by? seriously though I’ve got a ferry booked and paid for in two weeks time I’m seriously thinking of binning it and fecking off to a 5 star hotel in Turkey for a couple of weeks the money’s great and there’s some cracking deals around. But feel I need to use the van not a bad dilemma to have I suppose ?
Go to Germany I think it is cheaper than France and still lots to see and do.

I’ve already booked and paid the ferry to Roscoff not cheap for my van so will be going to France me thinks I’d like to get to Germany but not got the time this trip. Try and get a fly beach holiday late August

Back to Gordon at the frog. That was a quick couple of weeks you had seems like you just left yesterday we booked a site for first three nights then gonna go to a place called future-scope at Poitiers for 2 nights keep the we one happy then if weathers good head for the coast been looking at different web sites for park ups and sites there’s thousands to choose from they French certainly cater for camping.

Any mods/alterations needed on the bus Gordon?
Yeah ,we did not like the wardrobe prior to going so I stripped it out and we made a temp size one in cardboard to see how we would get on with it albeit not putting stuff in ,we felt the size was making the van dark at the seating area ,we were delighted that we did this and are doing the mod for this very soon.one underbed cupboard requires a rethink. But the gaffer has that in hand.two interior lights required in cupboards also .other than that the van performed superb,the layout was ideal for us and the mutt loved it ,To finish it all off the weather was very good to us even had sunburn and my conk is pealing lovely
Many thanks for asking Chris ,appreciated
Covered 1854 miles

This is a pic of the offending wardrobe with the tv cupboard on top they sat directly behind drivers seat and made it dark and claustrophobic imho .will add finished pics once done but this is b4 we removed it and done a cardboard simulation of what we want

AD340D9E-9F49-4584-A10D-B8F0D572829B.png27112CFF-FE31-4B61-8F70-F9CC9D9129D8.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back