Our french trip

grath

Possibly I haven't as I don't do as much France as I used to:)
Only where you are and a new aire at Morlaix

Tezza33

We first came across it four years ago at St Hilaire de Riez on the West Coast, we stay at the aire on the beach because there is a forest for walking the dogs and a safe bit to swim in the sea for our granddaughter,
unfortunately there are no services there so we have to drive to another aire inland but only 10km away, this aire is free but you pay for the water

this needed the adaptor we then found we needed one at several aires on that coast

grath

Well I have motorhomes in France since 2003 and as I said before, I have only twice, come across the water fitting which needs a male to male adapter. Maybe because I usually head south, maybe I have been lucky.
I still have never used one and I take it that as soon as you push in your adapter, the water spurts out

Tezza33

Well I have motorhomes in France since 2003 and as I said before, I have only twice, come across the water fitting which needs a male to male adapter. Maybe because I usually head south, maybe I have been lucky.
I still have never used one and I take it that as soon as you push in your adapter, the water spurts out
Yes the water spurts out as soon as you push the adaper in, it is a lot of fun watching someone use it for the first time :ROFLMAO:

grath

Yes the water spurts out as soon as you push the adaper in, it is a lot of fun watching someone use it for the first time :ROFLMAO:
I thought that would be the case and thanks for confirming.

Winks

This is what I found at Chateau Chambord. I didn’t realise it was just an industrial weight Hozelock fitting. But I do now, thank you.

Cheers

H

saxonborg

This is what I found at Chateau Chambord. I didn’t realise it was just an industrial weight Hozelock fitting. But I do now, thank you.

Cheers

H
Came across the same thing myself fortunately there was somebody around who pointed out that it was a heavy duty Hozelock connector.

jeffmossy

Rally Organiser
We first came across it four years ago at St Hilaire de Riez on the West Coast, we stay at the aire on the beach because there is a forest for walking the dogs and a safe bit to swim in the sea for our granddaughter,
View attachment 46408
Terry we have been to St Hilaire de Riez , and yes it is beautiful , we also got told off for taking the dog on the beach , but like you said plenty of walks away from the beach

Wooie1958

Just been down to empty the cassette before leaving Florac and there was another Brit there already emptying his.

He had full chemical gloves ( up to the elbow ) on and safety glasses.

I said to him ...... blooming heck mate your shyte must be seriously toxic if you have to wear PPE !!!!!!!!!

The look on his face said it all and i don't think i'm on his christmas card list ... lol.

grath

Just been down to empty the cassette before leaving Florac and there was another Brit there already emptying his.

I said to him ...... blooming heck mate your shyte must be seriously toxic if you have to wear PPE !!!!!!!!!

The look on his face said it all and i don't think i'm on his christmas card list ... lol.
I wonder if he filled with water from a tap that a frog, sorry French person had shoved his cassette nozzle up ?

Winks

That’s another thirty bob wasted on the charm school fees then Mr Woo ...

Cheers

H

grath

I wonder how many of us try to enlighten the French when they use a drinking water tap to rinse the cassette.
On our recentt trip to Brittany, I approached two, but they just don't seem to get it!:unsure:

TeamRienza

I wonder how many of us try to enlighten the French when they use a drinking water tap to rinse the cassette.
On our recentt trip to Brittany, I approached two, but they just don't seem to get it!:unsure:
I wonder is it just British paranoias and the need to embrace any and all health and safety edicts, no matter how sensible or ridiculous they are. I look at some of the food shops and markets and the relaxed attitude the continentals have towards it, you look at the number of men who pee without concern at the side of the road, my wife is appalled at the high rate of failure to wash hands after using toilets. Couple that with the fact that many will eat all and any sort of plant or animal, then we get a picture of a different culture.

It is not so long ago that few of us would have had access to proper sanitation or an attitude of cleanliness. Remember the old saying that a bit of dirt never hurt anybody and possibly helps build your immune system.

That is not to dismiss the very real health issues that can occur, but like the gut feeling in selecting an overnight stop, I either don’t fill or am happy to give the tap a wipe with antiseptic and carry on. It helps of course to have a large 140 litre tank kept topped up regularly to allow this leeway.

Davy

grath

That is not to dismiss the very real health issues that can occur, but like the gut feeling in selecting an overnight stop, I either don’t fill or am happy to give the tap a wipe with antiseptic and carry on. It helps of course to have a large 140 litre tank kept topped up regularly to allow this leeway.

Davy
I also am very selective where I get water and I always keep my tank topped up and carry extra water.
Our tank only holds 110 litres, but I do carry 3 x 10 litres for filling and usually 2 x 5 litres from supermarkets.
We can, shower each day, wash dishes etc and can last for 5 days at a push
I try to get water from a tap where I think a cassette would not go, but always a gamble and if in any doubt, we disinfect the tap

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)