OUR FUTURE MOTOR HOME.

Nabsim has the same base vehicle (Sprinter) of around the same vintage so could advise well there I think?
The decals are nice and busy aren't they!! The body looks pretty modern and newer than the typical 2003 MH.
not sure what connection Benimar and Chausson have? One is Spanish and one is French. I think the one you saw (eBay?) is a Chausson and the Benimar bit is a typo on the listing (It says Chausson on the front as well)
Hi wildebus. Thank you. Didn't see it on eBay, but it at a garage literally about 20 mins from us. Also I think I used to go to school with the garage owner(?) he was a bit of a rouge then, but at least he exists 😂. Bit more than we wanted to pay, but he may px our self build? Done a bit of research on the Merc unit and they look pretty bomb proof. Bit older so not so many electronic devices to stop the engine breathing etc.

Hi wildebus. Thank you. Didn't see it on eBay, but it at a garage literally about 20 mins from us. Also I think I used to go to school with the garage owner(?) he was a bit of a rouge then, but at least he exists 😂. Bit more than we wanted to pay, but he may px our self build? Done a bit of research on the Merc unit and they look pretty bomb proof. Bit older so not so many electronic devices to stop the engine breathing etc.
Looking at SET 1C, that is not a Benimar or a Challenger, but a Chausson. Does the seller really know what he's doing?

Looking at SET 1C, that is not a Benimar or a Challenger, but a Chausson. Does the seller really know what he's doing?
Oh no not again! Think I'm going to give up and keep our self build campervan. Do you know what it actually is then? Probably why I couldn't find any reviews etc online🤷

That is a pretty decent price for that motorhome. You pay much less and you will likely end up with a right dog.

The Sprinter 2.7 is a great lump, only problem is you have to keep reminding yourself it’s a big van and stop racing the boy racers haha

Is it manual or Sprintshift? My preferred option when I first looked for a van was Sprinter as they were the vans used to bomb past on the motorway, I knew absolutely nothing about vans but it worked out well for me :)

You pay more for a MB base than other makes, that’s the reason there are so many Fiat based vans, MB wouldn’t drop price to manufacturers and Fiat did.

The Sprinter 2.7 is a great lump, only problem is you have to keep reminding yourself it’s a big van and stop racing the boy racers haha

Is it manual or Sprintshift? My preferred option when I first looked for a van was Sprinter as they were the vans used to bomb past on the motorway, I knew absolutely nothing about vans but it worked out well for me :)

You pay more for a MB base than other makes, that’s the reason there are so many Fiat based vans, MB wouldn’t drop price to manufacturers and Fiat did.
Thanks nabsim. It's manual, which is what we want. Might look into this one further then.🙂👍

Just a matter of interest, as it doesn't really matter ( as long as it's not 10) what mpg do you get please?
I just put fuel in these days as I need to but when I was doing checks I found if I kept to 59/60 mph I was getting around 30 mpg. If I did 70/80 mph it was down to around 25 mpg. These aren’t exact as I wasn’t using the same pump all the time. I can soon undo my 59/60 stints and realise I’m am closer to 90 so these days I just work on 400 miles per tank.

Mine is the Sprintshift though so a manual should be a little better I think. @Phantom on here has one as well so his figures may be better to work from 👍

Back