OUR FUTURE MOTOR HOME.

And this is, and will be my final email to him unless I hear from him in a couple of weeks or so. Suffice to say I won't be chasing.

Screenshot_2024-09-30-16-58-04-52.jpg

If you needed to clone it I think this is all you need
1727712082185.png

I can see they wouldn’t want to send copies of all those, for one thing there will be data protection issues for anything with previous owner on it these days.
I do agree to an extent, but I would have liked to have seen any mechanics report or habitation check really, not worried about anything else at this time, just wanted to see if he actually had them. Sadly he has made me a tad suspicious. 🙂

It's in the ad, the man is a bit dodgy but worth pursuing as it's not too far from you, combine it with a day out.

All he needs to do it put a bit of paper over any data and take a picture, not exactly rocket science.

You never know, it might be a right enough van at a very good price, I suspect if it is kosher the condition is what lets it down, scruffy floors, no mats not even in the cab.

I have lost track of when discussing the viewing of a vehicle that tends to look a bit too good to be true, the seller is never available to let you view due to working off-shore or being/going abroad.

Well I remember loads of folks saying it was a scam when a van was posted up way below it value on motor home fun. Charlie spoke to the woman and set off down somewhere near the South coast and drove it back. It was legit and well cheap. Not saying this is legit but not all that seem too good to be true are too good to be teue

It's in the ad, the man is a bit dodgy but worth pursuing as it's not too far from you, combine it with a day out.

All he needs to do it put a bit of paper over any data and take a picture, not exactly rocket science.

You never know, it might be a right enough van at a very good price, I suspect if it is kosher the condition is what lets it down, scruffy floors, no mats not even in the cab.
I know, I was aging a laugh. We zoomed in on the pictures as well for a closer look at things 👍

Well I remember loads of folks saying it was a scam when a van was posted up way below it value on motor home fun. Charlie spoke to the woman and set off down somewhere near the South coast and drove it back. It was legit and well cheap. Not saying this is legit but not all that seem too good to be true are too good to be teue
I'm not ruling it out, as it's a good price even if we pay the vat. We're not too bothered about cleaning it up. Just want something to clean up! But rest assured NO money will be changing hands until we have at least seen the vehicle. And that will only be a deposit paid via a credit card. What do you gentleman think would be a reasonable deposit by the way?

If you are leaving a deposit after seeing it that means you are happy buying it. Would depend what they are happy with and how long between deposit and collecting I guess. I would have taken mine with me but they wanted a week to do a couple of jobs and get mot so I left £500 deposit. I would have left more but they were happy with that

I was going to buy a Motorhome from a Dealer and after viewing left a £1,000 deposit on a £30,000 van on the understanding that a list of work agreed was carried out as part of the sale.
Deal didn't work out due to delays in getting parts and staff to do the work (this was in 2020 when Covid was still impacting businesses a fair bit) and so I requested Deposit returned and got it back next day. All very amicable and agreeable for both parties.
Bought another motorhome around a month later and paid no deposit, just shook hands after viewing 🤝 (also did no inspection!)

If you are leaving a deposit after seeing it that means you are happy buying it. Would depend what they are happy with and how long between deposit and collecting I guess. I would have taken mine with me but they wanted a week to do a couple of jobs and get mot so I left £500 deposit. I would have left more but they were happy with that
Thank you nabsim. That's what I was thinking......if it ever gets that far🤞🤞

I was going to buy a Motorhome from a Dealer and after viewing left a £1,000 deposit on a £30,000 van on the understanding that a list of work agreed was carried out as part of the sale.
Deal didn't work out due to delays in getting parts and staff to do the work (this was in 2020 when Covid was still impacting businesses a fair bit) and so I requested Deposit returned and got it back next day. All very amicable and agreeable for both parties.
Bought another motorhome around a month later and paid no deposit, just shook hands after viewing 🤝 (also did no inspection!)

Thank you wildebus. So as the one I'm looking at is say £14000, that would make £500 deposit about right then, as said If we ever get that far🤷

Good afternoon friends
Been surfing the web again now I've got interested in a motorhome. And found a 2003 Benimar challenger 307 on a Merc sprinter 2.7 CDI chassis. The dealer has reviews (good and bad) unlike the guy I'm worried about and it very local to me. So it might be worth a look. Anyone know what these motorhomes are like? Unless I'm putting in the wrong details I can't find any reviews. In the photos on the rear of the hab unit it also says Chausson?

Thank you

Colin

Nabsim has the same base vehicle (Sprinter) of around the same vintage so could advise well there I think?
The decals are nice and busy aren't they!! The body looks pretty modern and newer than the typical 2003 MH.
not sure what connection Benimar and Chausson have? One is Spanish and one is French. I think the one you saw (eBay?) is a Chausson and the Benimar bit is a typo on the listing (It says Chausson on the front as well)

Back