Our new little van

looks great only concern would be curtains above a gas hob ?? i appreciate prob no intention of cooking while drawn but a blind may be better i can see the cover which would form an upstanding but my M i L had one overheat because she left a jam saucepan on a back gas and it exploded everywhere,

It's a glass top, to protect the curtain when I boil that first kettle, in my pants, but mostly to protect the outside world from me in my pants lol.

We won't be making jam. Just a bit of dinner, probably only on one ring lol

trouble with domestic cookers is rattling and bits bouncing off. when i've used them i make a wooden cross with 4 bits of foam rubber that bungees on to the top and holds down hobs etc
fyi the jets are usually right on the end of the burner elements

trouble with domestic cookers is rattling and bits bouncing off. when i've used them i make a wooden cross with 4 bits of foam rubber that bungees on to the top and holds down hobs etc
fyi the jets are usually right on the end of the burner elements

We've thrown the T-towels on there as per advice and on the 30 minutes drive we've done it seemed ok. I'll pull the back off soon and find the jets :)

Wow, that is amazing, what a great project. I hope it serves you all very well, it certainly looks like it should do.

What a fantastic job all you hours of toil will soon be forgotten when you build up the hours of enjoyment you will have, well done and really enjoyed seeing your progress

I,ve built 2 basic vans from a LDV lwb, and a Merc 614 and enjoy the building (most of the time! ) as much as the using it. Being a tight git, I get great satisfaction in rocking up in a sub £2000 bit of kit that does everything (and often more! ) than a £50000 Motorhome. Always tinkering and evolving ?

wow, very impressed Steve!! It’s looking good!! ??

Really sorry to have missed the offered tour at New Year as we left before you opened up, but great to see it all here. I’m amazed at what you’ve achieved, sure you’ll get loads of enjoyment from it.

Not done loads, but the wifi stuff connected to the campsite _the cloud wifi fine, but sadly not quite as far as our pitch lol. The range was significantly further than just the phone. More about the wifi in this thread

https://motorhomer.com/threads/wifi-in-the-truck-how.38290/page-4#post-87480

24v charger for the engine batteries is also in, next to the inverter. The multiplus inverter has 2 mains outputs, one that always works and one that only when on hookup/onboard generator. So i used that to make sure the leisure batteries are not used to charge the engine batteries.
20190131_160846.jpg

I'm picking up some aluminium tomorrow for mounting the solar panels. With, I think, a neat tilting system :) More to come on that...

Well done so far it’ll look fabulous when it’s all finished you’ll all have a great time making memories in it!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back