Platinum 100amp leisure battery

No bother fitting same as you have as only a short gap between them,best wet lesd acid batterys by far are bosch/varta silver power frame if you want to go down that path,just dont discharge them down to far.
Bosch/varta were highly acclaimed but read the report on aandncaravans.co.uk where they look poor compared to the newer Yuasa L36-EFB

I think I'd be tempted to use Hereford as a test to see how things go... being with group at a venue with facilities where you won't have to use pump power much for showers, washing up or for lighting/entertainment in the evenings would be a bit of a safety net. The weather is set to be fairly mild too, so unlikely you'd need overnight heating. I'm assuming you've got solar? You could always go for a long drive out one day to charge things up, plus Lee said he has emergency contingency plans in place. Just a thought. Otherwise, a second twin battery would make sense for now.
This what I'm going to do, I posted about fitting a second battery but I've decided to stick with my single 160ah battery and see how far it gets me and make a decision from there. I've also been looking at getting a newer van so I would rather spend the money on that if I ever find one I like!

Regards,
Del

I've always found battery megastore to be good value for money.
They are near me so I collect but their delivery is next day and pretty cheap.
My gut reaction is that 110Ah and 120w solar should keep up unless you run the heating a lot - Truma is voltage sensitive and high blower speed can drop voltage a bit.

There is NO issue with adding a new identical battery to one that is only 4 months old. Stick it in tie it down and connect in parallel and the job is done.

Placed an order with Amazon for a platinum battery same as the one fitted already, so I have a spare, used the £50.00 raffle voucher I won this site thank you, so it only cost me £49.00, it's just a question of will it arrive before we set off to Hereford, there was no option for next day delivery unfortunately.

Hi Guys,

It's too late for Mobilvetta to consider, but I recently discovered a VITAL piece of information about batteries performance which is not often published "Recharge Cycles".

According to Alpha batteries the cycle life is determined by a part discharge and recharge. Every time you discharge the battery by 50% then recharge it, is counted as one cycle.

Recharge Cycle values of lesser batteries can be as low as 70, once the battery has done 70 cycles the capacity will start to reduce, how often you use the battery off hookup will determine that.

Poweabloc Battery

As you can see from the Technical Specifications of the Leoch’s Powabloc GFP series batteries the Recharge Cycles are 800, which means the battery should last ten times longer than a cheaper one, before any deterioration.

Varta

Here is a Varta battery, which is a little cheaper than the Powabloc but only 200 Recharge Cycles.

Platinum

Here's a Platinum battery, with a very common 70 Recharge Cycles.

You don't have to buy the battery from Alpha, but it's a good site for checking "Recharge Cycles" before you buy.

Regards,

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Placed an order with Amazon for a platinum battery same as the one fitted already, so I have a spare, used the £50.00 raffle voucher I won this site thank you, so it only cost me £49.00, it's just a question of will it arrive before we set off to Hereford, there was no option for next day delivery unfortunately.
Nice one dave great when a plan comes together eh ?

Nice one dave great when a plan comes together eh ?

Only if it turns up before I set off to Hereford Gordon, had an email today saying it will be delivered by DPD on Saturday, the very day I was setting off, let's hope it comes before dinner, as I wanted to be at the meet before it went dark. Hopefully it will be fully charged. I have been today and filled my Alugas system at Morrisons for the first time, but couldn't make a connection as the service department at Marquis had fitted the filler into the skirt with bloody big screws, had to remove the 4 screws in order to get the pump filler to attach, should have taken a photo of the botched job. Cost £12.60 to fill the 11Kg bottle.

If possible can you add a photo of the Marquis installation of your lpg filler

As I cannot imagine how a dealer workshop could botch up something like this

You clearly have not had any dealings with Marquis then and in particular the numpties at Preston.

They literally couldn`t run a piss up in a brewery :mad:

The 4 long screws are protruding that much that there was no way of getting the LPG pump adaptor onto it, I had to get underneath the van and unscrew them in order to fill up. Wasn't happy as the carpark at Morrisons was damp, very reluctant to let them now do the habitation check next year if this is how they do things.

Attachments

• IMG_20181228_103625.jpg
    IMG_20181228_103625.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20181228_103608.jpg
    IMG_20181228_103608.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 32
The 4 long screws are protruding that much that there was no way of getting the LPG pump adaptor onto it, I had to get underneath the van and unscrew them in order to fill up. Wasn't happy as the carpark at Morrisons was damp, very reluctant to let them now do the habitation check next year if this is how they do things.

That looks a complete bodge.

That was good service from Amazon, my spare battery has arrived, going to stick it on a trickle charge overnight as I'm not sure if they come fully charged.

Wow, that’s shocking! I’m so pleased never to have dealt with them. You’ve got to get an answer from them about it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back