Platinum 100amp leisure battery

When i have fitted Gaslow’s version of this I seem to remember them coming with different length screws

Short ones if its fitted in a thin material such as a skirt And longer screws if its to be fitted in the wall

Marquis should have known better , incompetent i would say

That's shocking that they wouldn't have checked there work before you collected it I would want compensation

Wow, that’s shocking! I’m so pleased never to have dealt with them. You’ve got to get an answer from them about it.

When a friend told me they were buying a camper I was delighted, until I heard who they intended buying from. Told them "They are your best friend until you've bought it" and added that I drive past that company to buy stuff from another dealership.

They chose not to listen and went ahead. Now they regret their decision.

Interested in the recommendations for different batteries. I looked up Varta on Battery Megastore and there is no mention of C100/C20 and no mention of recharge cycles so doesn't appear to be too helpful. Does anyone know a site that gives this basic info for a range of different battery make?

My Varta LFD90 says on the top of the battery :- 12v 75Ah (5hr) 90Ah (20hr)

There is no mention of the C100 hr rate

In my experience cheaper leisure batteries which are 110Ah batteries are using C100 rate Without actually mention it

I seem to remember that the Varta website gives the 20 hr rate for all their leisure batteries

In independent tests varta and bosch silver power frame batterys outlasted all others,because of the silver nickel on the frame plates they dont degrade for at least 5 years,where as so called normal batterys do from the day they are filled with acid,there was a page on wildcamping about this.battery tec.png

One of my pair of Varta LFD90’s has just started to fail so i have removed it from the camper

Other one now on its own still seems ok

Can’t complain i bought and fitted them in April 2009

( i aways write date and other warranty details etc on a label that I stick on to the battery when i fit them , its been handy over the years )

Now need to decide on replacements will be another Varta or two EITHER 2x LFD90 or 1x LFD140 or 1x LFD180

Just an update after Hereford. My single 110ah Platinum, helped by a small golf cart battery for charging i pads, coped very well. There was a little help from the 100w solar, only about 15ah during the meet. Having to move for the last night meant the engine ran for maybe 10 minutes. We did watch some tv, and had the blown air heating on whenever needed. Over the 5 night stay I used about 2/3 of a 6kg bottle of gas, and on the last night was toasty warm despite -4 degrees outside.

Just an update after Hereford. My single 110ah Platinum, helped by a small golf cart battery for charging i pads, coped very well. There was a little help from the 100w solar, only about 15ah during the meet. Having to move for the last night meant the engine ran for maybe 10 minutes. We did watch some tv, and had the blown air heating on whenever needed. Over the 5 night stay I used about 2/3 of a 6kg bottle of gas, and on the last night was toasty warm despite -4 degrees outside.

Wow you did well, my platinum battery droped to 11.7 volts after two nights, luckily I bought a new platinum battery along that I just bought and swapped them over and then put the flat one on charge in the club house, but didn't need it. I have now fitted them in parallel,thanks to Phil for making me up some leads, so hopefully we will be ok in future.

I was down to 12.2v before leaving after 5 nights. Very unusual for us to stay in one place off grid for so long, especially in winter with little solar, so wouldn’t normally run the battery so low. I think that it’s about 75% discharged. Hopefully no harm done just doing this once.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back