Please please stay off the roads!,,,

The laird

Rally Organiser

I still can’t get my head Round why o why so many cars are on the road ,I’m sure they are not meant to be I hope I’m wrong
yesterday on my way down from up north I passed 7 motorhomes heading north
make my blood boil !!!!!!!! To say I’m annoyed would be a understatement
I’ve also emailed GMT’s crowd asking why reporters are moving around ie reporting outside Westminster ( holiday a week early!) outside balmoral to let us know hrh is not well !
im out working my wife is a nurse so come on you lot get real!
rant over and our ,
will I be in trouble for posting this ?B1DE12C6-62EF-47EB-A728-26E0176B9683.jpeg

Last edited:
There are lots of people still working doing essential functions , and due to the modern commuting distances they are on the roads . You are obviously anxious over the human malware that is around at the moment but gettting in a rage over perceived threats isnt going to do your blood presure and health generally much good . You should concentrate on doing your bit , as you cant control anything else . :)

I still can’t get my head Roy d why o why so many cars are on the road ,I’m sure they are not meant to be I hope I’m wrong
yesterday on my way down from up north I passed 7 motorhomes heading north
make my blood boil !!!!!!!! To say I’m annoyed would be a understatement
I’ve also emailed GMT’s crowd asking why reporters are moving around ie reporting outside Westminster ( holiday a week early!) outside balmoral to let us know hrh is not well !
im out working my wife is a nurse so come on you lot get real!
rant over and our ,
will I be in trouble for posting this ?
sorry gordon . i was heading for you front garden, but could not get up A1.so its by form me.hope your both keeping well. see you.when? ok.pj

Reporters are in the category of key workers as they fulfill the role of bringing us the news. Key workers are one of the four reasons for travelling.

There are lots of people still working doing essential functions , and due to the modern commuting distances they are on the roads . You are obviously anxious over the human malware that is around at the moment but gettting in a rage over perceived threats isnt going to do your blood presure and health generally much good . You should concentrate on doing your bit , as you cant control anything else . :)
Thank you very much indeed !

At present lockdown does appear to be a bit half-hearted, more a balance between limiting virus transmission and minimising damage to the economy. I think that much stricter guidelines are needed and anything being transported that is not a vital necessity should be banned. I believe that this would drastically reduce the amount of traffic on the roads.

Travelling isn't actually banned. I am okay to drive somewhere for a walk. May sound strange but where I am isn't really any good to walk for me. This was one of the questions asked yesterday or the day before and you can drive somewhere to walk if needed. It isn't classed as unnecessary but obviously it would depend on your capability and location and how far you travel.

Travelling isn't actually banned. I am okay to drive somewhere for a walk. May sound strange but where I am isn't really any good to walk for me. This was one of the questions asked yesterday or the day before and you can drive somewhere to walk if needed. It isn't classed as unnecessary but obviously it would depend on your capability and location and how far you travel.
Driving to walk your dog is not necessary travel, you should only walk your dog from home!

If it isn't banned, it should be. The lockdown is too woolly, too badly explained, too badly enforced. This will cost lives.

I'm still seeing the idiots on local Facebook pages asking for dog groomers and wanting some trees trimming....
Honest to hell I can't believe (actually I CAN) That some folks are acting like such bell ends over this...
Called at the local shop earlier (2 houses away) and had to point to some local tit,
that she AND her germ ridden offspring in arms should be stood 2m away (ideally 2 miles)
Sadly though the likes of them will be the ones to survive after passing it on to many others.

Last week the Peak District was crammed with people just out for a walk, trouble was they came in hordes from towns miles away. Somebody who can’t walk far going a couple of miles to the nearest open space is one thing, people driving 20-30 miles for the same purpose is another...it ain’t easy. But soon enough the gentlemen in blue will be assisting those who lack judgement with their deliberations, hopefully at a price!

Last week the Peak District was crammed with people just out for a walk, trouble was they came in hordes from towns miles away. Somebody who can’t walk far going a couple of miles to the nearest open space is one thing, people driving 20-30 miles for the same purpose is another...it ain’t easy. But soon enough the gentlemen in blue will be assisting those who lack judgement with their deliberations, hopefully at a price!

They do seem to be getting their act together, crack on lads, ignore the criticism .................

Driving up from Hull to Biggar on the motorways I noticed a drop in the traffic in Scotland. No more builders vans. The matrix signs in Scotland showed "Covid 19. No unnecessary travel". No such signs on the English side.

Not according to the news they stated that nobody should be driving to a destination to walk cycle or walk their dog these are classed as unnecessary car journeys and you should be doing these near your homes.

If it isn't banned, it should be. The lockdown is too woolly, too badly explained, too badly enforced. This will cost lives.

Apparently It is okay to go for a drive in your car as long as you are either on your own OR with a member(s) of the same household.
The grey area is can you get out of your car.

The TV news said it is still not clear if getting out of your car in the middle of nowhere for a dog walk with no one else around for miles ( much more than 2 metres) can be banned.

I think the police could be on a sticky wicket if they try to enforce this when people could just mention the following legitimate points.
1- We are allowed to go for a drive .
2- We are keeping the 2 metre rule ( potentially many miles apart )
3- There are no group gatherings going on.
4- This is safer than going for a walk around town where we might be just a few yards away from other people out walking.

If they want to stop this we need to be told that we can not go out in the car at all, except to food shops or chemists.

Last edited:
Apparently It is okay to go for a drive in your car as long as you are either on your own OR with a member(s) of the same household.
The grey area is can you get out of your car.

The TV news said it is still not clear if getting out of your car in the middle of nowhere for a dog walk with no one else around for miles ( much more than 2 metres) can be banned.

I think the police could be on a sticky wicket if they try to enforce this when people could just mention the following points.
1- We are allowed to go for a drive .
2- We are keeping the 2 metre rule ( potentially many miles apart )
3- There are no group gatherings going on.
4- This is safer than going for a walk around town where we might be just a few yards away from other people out walking.

If they want to stop this we need to be told that we can not go out in the car at all, except to food shops or chemists.

We have been told essential travel only.
Initially there was some confusion as to if a car could be used to go somewhere for a walk, but this has now been clarified. A car should only be used for essential travel.

What is ‘essential travel’?
As of 24 March 2020, the Government advice is to "stay at home and away from others" until further notice, apart from for essential reasons. Essential reasons are:

• shopping for basic necessities, such as trips to the supermarket or other food stores, as infrequently as possible (social distancing still applies)
  • trips to pharmacies for any medical need
  • to provide care or to help a vulnerable person; and
  • for key workers travelling for work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and where the work cannot be done from home

Driving up from Hull to Biggar on the motorways I noticed a drop in the traffic in Scotland. No more builders vans. The matrix signs in Scotland showed "Covid 19. No unnecessary travel". No such signs on the English side.
We’ve got one down the end of the road, it’s normal daytime job is saying whether the Snake Pass is open.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back