Post a picture of your motorhome.

Carrotts

Hi all. Well been watching the threa motorhome buddy. And I thought. How about pictures of your motorhome with brief description of motorhome. Fors and against and why you like it. That way others can find different motorhomes and bits of info. About them. Cheers all. Love reading all the threads. Brian/jenny

47435well it's our pride and joy, 1997,has beds and bog, plus cooker. I suppose many things could be better, but it has all that we need. Like Sue and I bits are beginning to fail, but it's a grand old bus and we love it.

Last edited:
Lots of nice motorhomes, but what about the OPs question ...."... with brief description of motorhome. Fors and against and why you like it"?

A89923BC-3F1F-48B1-B4B0-49C0DD3CF9D2.jpegCouldn’t find a more recent one, this is us on the aire at St. Martin de Re on Il de Re last summer.........
Probably the best layout we’ve had in our long list of vans including Hymers and Chausson. Certainly as well put together as modern Hymers, it suits us and I doubt we’ll change again unless we downsize. Plenty of payload, drives nicely and not so large that we can’t get to the places we want.

Our van is pictured on post #7, a Hymer Mli 570. Ideal size for us (6.75 long by 2.1m wide) - built on a Mercedes chassis with rear wheel drive so less problems of wheel slip on wet grass than with front wheel drive. Somewhat narrower than the standard A class vans so much easier driving on the single track roads up here in N Scotland. 15 months old, 10000 miles and not a single problem - really good build quality, IMHO better quality than the Mercedes based Frankia we had previously.

POST 5 our hymer van572 Transit 2*2
We were looking sorry I was looking for a bigger van for 18 months then the wife told me she would like a smaller van so she could scoot away with the grandkids if I was working ,we looked for ages , we came accross this van and we hated the wardrobe behind the drivers seat ,we agreed to buy as long as I removed the said wardrobe,duly done and made a cardboard unit up and toddled of to France to try it out,great success now to install original wardrobe reduced to our template.
Two single beds are the best I’ve slept on ,get a better sleep than in the house bed.
First thing I did was turn the van into Fort Knox,locks,Fiamma garage locks ,wheel lock,front doors have a strap from one door to other ,old altered.
36 to the gallon in France albeit great weather,
Good garage and great to drive ,the wife loves driving it also?

Last edited:
Would that be "Larry the Lorry"? :) he does look very good (y)

Our old girl. 1994 Talbot Express 1300P with a Compass Calypso habitation area.

Two birth, either two singles or one king size double.
Shower/toilet/basin wetroom and a full cooker. Three way fridge and sink/drainer. Hot and cold running water. Fiamma electric skylight and LED lighting. Gaslow system, solar, power steering and cruise control added. I have also put four USB ports in and two secret compartments. And it has a kill switch! It is so well hidden, last time i used it, I couldn't find it to turn it off! We have just had the cab refurbed.

Minus points? It is slow! Having to make up the bed every night. Less storage that a larger vehicle and that means frugality with what we take with us. No rear seatbelts. Cannot fit a drive away awning because the door is at the back and very high. We do have one but it is not successful!

Plus points? It is slow! I can park in a standard car parking space. I can go down roads that some larger vehicles can't. It has everything we need on board and it has NO TV! I have a bluetooth speaker for the music on Google Play Music. Oh and it looks cute! . It has a generous weight allowance. We always run it 200 kilo lower than max.

We have toyed with the idea of getting a newer one, but "lots of money" versus "we have all we need!" And of course, we do love the old girl.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back