Prostate Cancer

Pudsey Bear

I've had it for about five years or so now and wondered if there was an existing thread on here but couldn't find one.

I'm sure I am far from alone with all the elderly folk on here, and most will get a check up, but some younger farts can get it too.

Most men die with it but not from it so it is worth asking your doc for a PSA test, or for him to put the gloves on for a physical test, (if his hands are one your shoulders or hips, he's doing it wrong) Mine is low grade and I need no meds for the cancer but it does affect my bladder so I have meds for that, they seem to work most of the time but I need to have a day off every now and then, today is one of those days, not fun at all, you go but you can't so wait 5 minutes then suddenly you can.

I now have it and have had every test under the sun, grade 3.5 on the scale which is low, on tabs for it, im told 1 in 3 men get it.
Which tablets are you on Trev?

As I said it the OP most men get it if you live long enough, but fortunately not so many die of it nowadays if it is detected.

I'm back on the tablets today after an awful 24 hours, hopefully I can pee a little easier again for a while, what has made it worse is the consultant urologist said I could take two instead of one, but when I tried to re-order them to allow me to do that for the second month, I found NICE don't allow it long term as it is untested.

Which tablets are you on Trev?

As I said it the OP most men get it if you live long enough, but fortunately not so many die of it nowadays if it is detected.

I'm back on the tablets today after an awful 24 hours, hopefully I can pee a little easier again for a while, what has made it worse is the consultant urologist said I could take two instead of one, but when I tried to re-order them to allow me to do that for the second month, I found NICE don't allow it long term as it is untested.
Bicalutamide & Tamoxifen, to be taken on alternative days.

I always knew that you were a tart Trev, Tamoxifen is for breast cancer.

I've had a few bum hole biopsies, the warning of if you feel very unwell in the next 48 hours dial 999 is well placed, the first two were fine then it got me, I woke up shaking all over about 5am, I'd forgotten the warning as this was three days later and I'd been okay, I rang 111 and they said have a warm drink and go back to bed, Liz rang 999, I had sepsis and as it'd had a good time to take hold I was on a morphine drip, in hospital for three days, I have never felt so unwell in my life, but boy I loved that morphine, Airedale hospital has a very long corridor and I was walking up and down it for ages with zero back pain, I struggle to walk to the loo now.

As for getting tested, seriously, it's just a blood test and maybe a finger up your bum, and you'll know in a few days, if over 50 it should be done every year.

Get tested for Diabetes at the same time as that can kill you too, skinny people can get it, you do not have to be overweight or have a bad diet.

I was in on Monday for biopsy up the bum hole, what an experience that was..
Psa 28 lump on prostrate and right Lymph nodes enlarged. Mri
Just the waiting game now for results of biopsy.
Started me on new tablets fir 28 days while waiting .
Had bone scan all clear there ..

Not sure what my PSA is right now, I should be able to see my test result though, if I can figure out the nightmare that is Modality these days.

I take Alfuzosin, it's a beta blocker to help relax the bladder muscles, I took one at 2pm hopefully it'll kick in soon.

I always knew that you were a tart Trev, Tamoxifen is for breast cancer.

I've had a few bum hole biopsies, the warning of if you feel very unwell in the next 48 hours dial 999 is well placed, the first two were fine then it got me, I woke up shaking all over about 5am, I'd forgotten the warning as this was three days later and I'd been okay, I rang 111 and they said have a warm drink and go back to bed, Liz rang 999, I had sepsis and as it'd had a good time to take hold I was on a morphine drip, in hospital for three days, I have never felt so unwell in my life, but boy I loved that morphine, Airedale hospital has a very long corridor and I was walking up and down it for ages with zero back pain, I struggle to walk to the loo now.

As for getting tested, seriously, it's just a blood test and maybe a finger up your bum, and you'll know in a few days, if over 50 it should be done every year.

Get tested for Diabetes at the same time as that can kill you too, skinny people can get it, you do not have to be overweight or have a bad diet.
I’m guessing Trev meant Tamsulosin which I’m on 🤔

I was on Flomax at first which is the same thing but it didn't work very well.

The best thing for me in the last month has been stop drinking tea coffee and alcohol.
Much better flow znd blades control.
Pills .
Tamsulosin finasteride and new tablet this week .bicalutamide

Not sure what my PSA is right now, I should be able to see my test result though, if I can figure out the nightmare that is Modality these days.

I take Alfuzosin, it's a beta blocker to help relax the bladder muscles, I took one at 2pm hopefully it'll kick in soon.
Afusozin.. been in it for 20 years.
Recently, they've put me on Duagen and Daflon ..... Strong medicine.. Worked well at first.

After 7 months I'm getting all of the side effects.
The Duagen has female hormones included.
If I look in a shoe shop window, I'm fancying pink, fluffy slippers.
I'm gradually
Reducing the dose.
The purple ones look more attractive, now.

I am the opposite to you Kev I pee for England I must got about 10 to 15 times a day lolol
I go a lot but pee little, tablet not kicked in yet though, tonight will be a pain.

The best thing for me in the last month has been stop drinking tea coffee and alcohol.
Much better flow znd blades control.
Pills .
Tamsulosin finasteride and new tablet this week .bicalutamide
I only drink Mint tea and coffee, the tea is good for the type 2 Diabetes, coffee doesn't seem to do much either way so I can drink as much as I like, but I do like it with sugar though so I have to limit it on those grounds, scuse pun.

Back