Prostate Cancer

Hubby got diagnosed just before Christmas, opted for removal of prostate as he was Gleason 4/3 he had op done at the end of January, so far so good, his psa levels are undetectable, and he was pretty much back to normal after 2/3 weeks, surprisingly. He does have very slight stress incontinence, and cannot get an erection which for him is the biggest downfall (ok by me😬), and other than check ups no further treatment is required 🤞as long as his psa levels stay the same it’s classed as cure rather than control. Thankfully we have a new young gp who was on the ball, as all results up to biopsy was only slightly above normal. Brother in law got diagnosed 18 months ago, unfortunately due to having a crap gp not testing/doing nothing for 5 years despite numerous visits it has spread to his bowel and he is now on hormone treatment after a long course of radiotherapy.

I had a RTA my truck decided to lay on it's side got flown to Plymouth broken chest, ribs. and my back they pick up my PSA was high but did't tell. Did't know what PSA was any way. two and a half years later went to the Doctors for something else when he told me he should have giving me a blood test two and a half earlier within 8hr's phone me to tell me I had pancreatic cancer, Shit I thought that me going for a Barbecue at the local crem two weeks later he tell me he got it wrong it's prostate cancer that was one hell of a relief, Well I am still here glad to say

I have thought about CBD, not sure which is the best way to use it, I would need to speak to my GP, and consultants first though.

I have thought about CBD, not sure which is the best way to use it, I would need to speak to my GP, and consultants first though.
I think the delivery method is personal preference and relates back to the dosage needed to get any benefit. For example CBD tea would require a lot of cuppas to get the same dose as a 15 or 30mg patch. If you decide to give it a go beware the snake oil traders in this sector.

That would be my first question with any medication.

I think the delivery method is personal preference and relates back to the dosage needed to get any benefit. For example CBD tea would require a lot of cuppas to get the same dose as a 15 or 30mg patch. If you decide to give it a go beware the snake oil traders in this sector.
Yes i once bought a bottle for siatica, when i read down the lable it said, linseed oil, £12 bucks wasted, mind you the shop man had a sore nose for a few days. :mad:

Urology just rang me.

He wants me in for a biopsy, seems a lump on my lymph node has doubled in size in three years, a CT scan (Had MRI recently) and he wants a bone scan.

He's also changing my medication from one 10mg alfulsosin a day to another to where it's 3 x 25mg a day.

I'm just trying to get through to my GP to find out why the F my Urologist cannot see my test results, it's the NHS not Bradford HS or Leeds HS.

Re BPH. I had this for many years having to pee every hour or so. At the time I was seeing customers around the world, making presentations at trade shows etc. and had to know there was a loo nearby. I would not fly unless I could get an aisle seat near the rear of the plane so I could get to the loo. After 10 years, NHS took 18months to do a series of tests. I decided to go private. Took 1.5 days to do all tests. 1 week later had a TURPs. They stick a camera and tools down your willy and cut a larger tunnel through your prostate. The difference was wonderful. Unfortunately 10 years later ended up with prostate cancer. Had the op and for nearly 3 years PSA below measurable levels. Since then it is slowly increasing. Still at very low levels and I'm still fit and competing in running competitions. No meds so far.

My last PSA was 8.58, just rang my Urology sexy terry to see if I needed a new set of bloods doing.

My last PSA was 0.02 I was thinking that's bloody good Then I read this ( There is no specific normal or abnormal level of PSA in the blood. In the past, PSA levels of 4.0 ng/mL and lower were considered normal. However, some individuals with PSA levels below 4.0 ng/mL have prostate cancer and many with higher PSA levels between 4 and 10 ng/mL do not have prostate cancer) Dont know what to think now

I think like anything else with our bodies, we are all individuals with all kinds of difference in our genes so there will be anomalies and that's why they give us a margin for high and low.

1692625948259.png

As a guy in his early 60’s it makes me so angry that my GP absolutely refuses to give or allow me a PSA test. Yet on the TV many people are saying how much they are of benefit.

As a guy in his early 60’s it makes me so angry that my GP absolutely refuses to give or allow me a PSA test. Yet on the TV many people are saying how much they are of benefit.
Why do you let him dictate to you, he's a public servant, either he does as you ask within reason (and that is well within reason) report him and move to a different practice.

I started having them in my 50s, however, I suppose if you have no prostate problems that could be why, but he should still do a test to be sure.

Why do you let him dictate to you, he's a public servant, either he does as you ask within reason (and that is well within reason) report him and move to a different practice.

I started having them in my 50s, however, I suppose if you have no prostate problems that could be why, but he should still do a test to be sure.

I was fortunate to have BUPA healthcare until I retired, which gave me an annual check from 50 until 59 we can’t register with a different practice as they all amalgamated a while back. Bit sneaky I’ve booked a Blood test online - will see how it goes

If your doctor wont do it GO over his head and see a another doctor it's your life,
Quote (If you're aged 50 or over and decide to have your PSA levels tested after talking to a GP, they can arrange for it to be carried out free on the NHS. If results show you have a raised level of PSA, the GP may suggest further tests)

If you google PSA there is some interesting reading why they don't recommend having a PSA test I still have mine done every 6 months
Exactly, a lot of doctors will not prescribe the PSA test if you are not presenting any other symptoms, basically as the test can produce false positives and lead to unnecessary investigations and discomfort.

Back