Prostate Cancer

I was diagnosed several years ago with a over active bladder they tried a few different tablet but nowt seen to work so I've just suffered it .
What do you mean by overactive?

I had a terrible night, I felt I needed to pee all the time, I have a telephone app with the urology chap in a few days so I'll see what he has to say.

So far I don't have cancer, my half bro does. He is bordering stage four, but apart from being tired all the time, he seems OK. He is currently in Europe in his motorhome, Croatia at the moment. His wife has an EU passport, so he says he can stay long time hols. (But he voted to leave the EU!) I do have BPH. Benign Prostate Hyperplasia, enlargement of the prostate. I take Tamsulosin and the doc did prescribe Dustateride. I did take it for overnight peeability, but I read the information properly and stopped! It can cause cancer! I do get up a few times in the night, but I'll live with that.

I don't mind the possible side effects, I'm 73 and with other issues I'm not going to live forever, but I can't live with the stress and discomfort of being desperate to pee and not producing much more than a dribble so have to double and in the night even triple and quadruple void, and even then maybe wake up soon after.

Do any of you have any tips or tricks to make life better.

I do try not to drink too much but I drink enough to be hydrated.

My nurse said I could avoid any drugs at all, just have a catheter fitted! She was joking (I hope!) Unfortunately, the Dustasteride also has another effect that I wasn't told about. It can destroy sexual desires and stop erections. And it is possible it will never come back to working condition, even after I stopped taking it!

Luckily, I have regained almost full use of the thing, it saves my lady using all the batteries for my drone controller for "other" purposes. But this is her, which also helps! In the van last week, getting ready for her 70th birthday meal with our family.

PXL_20230811_212404418.jpg

No problem with desire or the consequences so far, the first drug I was on made it backfire which I wasn't keen on.

As for the ladies, I've always felt that the person I fell for is still in my minds eye, & still in there just some of the shine has fallen off, a bit like an old car, you keep it as still does all it dis and still drives alright.

Terrible analogy but it sort of fits.

No problem with desire or the consequences so far, the first drug I was on made it backfire which I wasn't keen on.

As for the ladies, I've always felt that the person I fell for is still in my minds eye, & still in there just some of the shine has fallen off, a bit like an old car, you keep it as still does all it dis and still drives alright.

Terrible analogy but it sort of fits.
I love that analogy! We have been married for 52 years and together for 55. I would not want to change her at all. But maybe swap for a couple of hours. :ROFLMAO: I have tried pampas grass in the front garden, evidently a chameleon broach is a sure sign. (Our Salvation Army Captain (female) wears one, but surely not!) Pineapple designs and so many others! We tried the lot and when we swapped, I got a set of golf clubs!

AND he wanted them back... 🏌️‍♂️:D:D⛳

As a routine, I try not to drink after 9.00pm and certainly no diuretic culprits. One possibility is to try a CBD product if stress is a factor, obviously check it's not contra indicated with your other meds.

I do get stressed at times, modern life etc but the most stress is from not being able to have a good wee and empty my bladder.

Back