Scotlands tourist tax...

I agree, it's what I did when my tacho was calibrated by Speedy Cables.

I compared it against my SatNav and was delighted with the result. Enhanced SVA even gave me a printout with all the results up to 80mph. Of course, I've never driven that fast 'cos it's illegal in the UK. 😂

Yes, I have done both the 'compare the speed on the speedo with the roadside monitor' and compared it with the sat nav. When the Sat Nav agrees with the roadside speed sign, my speedo is for example reading 48mph when the roadside sign and sat nav say 40. I have a distant memory of when I used to take cars apart, that you could get different gear cogs for the gearbox according to mph or kph speedos.
Oh well I suppose I'll just have to take it to France and see what their signs say . . . . .
If I can find an old Mercedes car expert (in both senses of the word) I will ask.
What I need is someone who knows what 0.5 thou, 11 thou, 13 thou, and 25 thou are for and doesn't know how to connect a computer, or what front wheel drive is.

Tourist Tax to Top Gear (and related car telly programmes) in 4 easy Pages, courtesy of Fred Drift, and a hankering for 'The Good Old Days', from The Leeds Playhouse, where I remember Leonard Sachs laughing when he fluffed his introduction to Les Dawson (or was it Ken Dodd?). Now that was a good programme ... 👍 :ROFLMAO:

'Nurse, nurse, he needs a bottle; he's taking the p*ss again ...'

Steve

Tourist Tax to Top Gear (and related car telly programmes) in 4 easy Pages, courtesy of Fred Drift, and a hankering for 'The Good Old Days', ...,... ... 👍 :ROFLMAO:

'Nurse, nurse, he needs a bottle; he's taking the p*ss again ...'

Steve
Yes Steve, but all in the best possible taste. 🤭

Back