Security advice please.

I have my clutch claw that goes over the pedals and secondary frame locks that stop the cab doors opening if they managed to get past the manufacturers ones also fiamma locks that cover over the outside locker locks that would let you push up the bed to get access into van easily then the internal alarm some folk have said they have an expensive tracker hidden somewhere and a cheap one off of Ebay stuck under the dash easily found so when they RIP it out they think they are in the clear I also thought about a kill switch for fuel my friend turns the driver's captain seat and has a padlock squeezed into the frame so it cant be turned to sit on for driving away and very little space so you couldn't get a grinder in to cut it off but if they want it they will get it or destroy it trying but whatever way Be Safe Guys

I agree Nick. You fitted a StrikeBack to my MH with immobiliser (disable the van from mobile phone app). I use a wheel clamp too when on the drive but that is really for additional deterrent.

Regarding 'do you want you MH back' - I've done a lot to mine and got it just how I want. I do not want it stolen or attempted stolen. We have to rely on the likes of VanBitz to supply mechanisms to stop these scum. They think they can just take our stuff.

Remember the days of car stereos? They were being stolen all the time. Then they introduced codes and removable fronts. Thefts virtually eliminated. I feel we have to contribute to forums like this to share ideas and promote ideas that actually work. For me the pedallock is something new to me and worth considering.

So the value of our contributions here and the new mechanisms the suppliers come up with are invaluable.
Yes, the VanBitz Non-Starter is a nice bit of kit, but did they tell you how to disable it if the mobile app couldn't?

I am looking to improve "drive away" security and night time security. First, has anyone had a hidden kill switch fitted? I have a Peugeot Boxer base. Having read many articles, the kill switch seems to be a cost effective method. It seems most locking clamps are easily removed and are only good to stop the opportunist. Is killing the battery the only method because I assume that also kills the alarm system and door locking? It would seem better to just kill the engine.

I have taken the view with habitation security that it is impossible to stop break-ins. No matter what you do, ripping out a window is easy. I have window and door alarms and a motion alarm. Personal security is what I wish to improve. We use the seat belts to restrain the cab doors but the habitation door is the obvious problem. I rely on the alarms to wake us if a door or window is opened. Does anyone have any other ideas to improve night time security? We mainly wildcamp and always move on if we don't like an area but it would be good to increase peace of mind.
You could also try hanging a dog lead from the door handle or mirror even if you don’t have a dog. It may deter the opportunist. If you do this go for one of the loop leads rather than having a metal clip banging against your door.

It's also worth fitting a yaw alarm that goes off if vehicle is rocked or jacked up to tow! My son had one on an imported rare Honda Civic. If anyone even leaned on the car when alarmed it made an noise that made you jump. If that person did not move it made very loud beeps and if that didn't work boy did it make a racket! If I recall it had double battery back up so couldn't be silenced without the fob. The alarm itself wasn't that expensive but the fitting was as it needed part of exhaust to be disconnected to install it so very hard to try and get at the hammer!!!! This was 10 years ago so I bet it's now even more sophisticated now! Meanwhile in our T5 not easy to get in and our large black lab goes absolutely ape s**t if anyone tried to get in! We always leave a water bowl outside just to let anyone know dog on board - he's actually soft as s**t if you did open the door but I never tell anyone. He's the same in my car; walk too close and all hell breaks loose; open tailgate and get licked to death!

These are great, my lad has one fitted to his mustang, there’s no way anyone is stealing it. Going to fit one to the mh too.
Best security device either use the app or pre set sequences on the dash. full security against key theft.

Here in France we haven’t quite the problem with MH theft as the UK. We have fitted a Thitronik alarm & tracker, not because our insurance demand it (they don’t), because I want the thieves to work for it. If we lived in the UK, I would definitely opt for the Growler!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back