Should I buy an older motorhome with 2030 coming up

The reason is that you would only get max. 400W if the whole roof and boot was covered with panels wheras the car needs many Kwh to push itself along.
There are new printed panels giving out well over 80% compared to what we have at 20/30% max on a good day.

FWIW, I'm not forgetting biofuels. AIUI, there still is a de minimis and those who use SVO, WCO (straight vegetable oil, waste cooking oil [both filtered, of course!]) or make their own biodiesel don't need to pay tax on the fuel if they use less than 2,500 litres per annum. For that, this might end up as main or even the only route if my hunch is correct and commercial diesel supplies disappear from the public domain.
FWIW2, I used to run a 1995 Pajero 2.8 on 20% WCO and know people who ran their cars on 100% WCO with a pre-heater. They would start and shut down their cars on mineral diesel and switch to WCO once up to temperature. Goat Industries used to maintain a database of vehicles that could run on SVO (https://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/) but that no longer seems to work. However, there is still some good info on that site for anyone wanting info on making their own biofuels...
I don’t think Sebastian was meaning SVO or WCO as he did say it’s manufactured in a lab. I haven’t looked into it at all though, just picked up on it during the program and mentioned it here 👍

I don’t think Sebastian was meaning SVO or WCO as he did say it’s manufactured in a lab. I haven’t looked into it at all though, just picked up on it during the program and mentioned it here 👍
While racing teams probably will never run on SVO or WCO (too difficult to standardise), it's a fairly easy process to turn those into biodiesel (see link in my previous post) and it's something people can do at home! However, you're then left with the issue of disposing the waste glycerine, spent hydroxide, etc.

Re. Norway: I just remembered something... it's not all a bed of roses as at least one major ferry company (Havila Kystruten) has banned EVs. AIUI, they are one of two companies that operate the coastal route Bergen/Kirkenes. That said, it seems there are no plans for UK ferry companies to follow suit.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back