Solar Advice Needed

We very rarely stop on sites, therefore rarely if ever have EHU.
But yes you are right, it would only charge the two leisure batteries, not the cranking battery or the inverter battery, as you say,not needed anyway if on EHU
I don't use EHU very often and like the idea but I have a Victron inverter/charger so when it is on EHU the inverter charges the batteries at 120 amps (y) So it wouldn't work for me :(

Regards,
Del

We very rarely stop on sites, therefore rarely if ever have EHU.
But yes you are right, it would only charge the two leisure batteries, not the cranking battery or the inverter battery, as you say,not needed anyway if on EHU
I have a switch and 200amp relay to connect all batts together just in case the starter bat is low, also spreads the load/charge from solar even though i have a 1amp charge from voltronic

I have a switch and 200amp relay to connect all batts together just in case the starter bat is low, also spreads the load/charge from solar even though i have a 1amp charge from voltronic
Thats sounds a good way to go ..
I have fitted cables to starter bat and a regulator .if it gets low I just connect one of my solar panels which is easy .
was thinking of makeing some kind of switching system ..

Hi There just out of interest, what is it you use on 240v and for how long on each use?
and also what Amp hr is your two leisure battery's and the inverter battery?
Best Wishes Tony

Last edited:
Hi There just out of interest, what is it you use on 240v and for how long on each use?
and also what Amp hr is your two leisure batterie and the inverter battery?
Best Wishes Tony
For us we use the hover every day as we have dog .which take about 10mins .
Toaster if we fancy toast .
Hair dryer and girl stuff.
Slow cooker which is 80w if we go out in morning we put it on and come back 5/6hr later to hot meal .joint of meat chicken ,stew .
Microwave same as home just warming stuff up.
I find my 2 x110 ah works ok.
We also charge our phones daily.

Inverter is a 2000w

Thank you for the reply alwaysared, I liked the idea of having 300w to quickly charge the two leisure batteries, then once full, charged the inverter battery, as we only use the inverter infrequently,
But as you say, I can’t find a Victron MPPT controller that does dual batteries,
Victron do make a dual battery controller, but not MPPT.
As you state, I think the Bluetooth function is a good idea.
i have a 110w on my m-home. charging 2 batt= leisure. plus the engin battery. ok summer. not out in winter. ok that is me. but ok in winter.
fitted by falcon in dutton. in the m.m.m. mag. working ok. as i speak. i would go back. no prob. ok pj. as dal wa go senior. keep safe

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back