The perfect motorhome community, a question for you.

Check out the below link

The Hymer example

Checked out the link and it only confirms why I have no interest in that forum. My make doesn’t even have a section, and many sections have no responses. There must be much information hidden away in there that would take ages to find.
Far better I’d say to have clear thread titles in the general forum sections. Eg, “Heater problem in my Hymer”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn’t it also about how people use the forum and their skill with IT in general. Personally I usually start by looking at “new posts” in all forums just to catch up on what’s going on. If i’m searching for specific info I would always want to be able to do one search on all forums and whittle down the results myself in terms of relevance.
Dave

Could there be a list of cheap campsites that go the extra mile that we use when we need to recharge batteries or clean clothes etc we all like staying off site but sometimes they are needed.
Hope this makes sense

Could there be a list of cheap campsites that go the extra mile that we use when we need to recharge batteries or clean clothes etc we all like staying off site but sometimes they are needed.
Hope this makes sense

That makes sense.

After all, this is not a wildcamping forum like our sister site.

That makes sense.

After all, this is not a wildcamping forum like our sister site.

We stopped over on the way to Cornwall £16 inc electric, new individual free showers & toilets,free fishing,even loans out rods etc, free hot water for washing up my starter motor packed up the owner towed me to start and followed me to a garage.
Excellent service

We stopped over on the way to Cornwall £16 inc electric, new individual free showers & toilets,free fishing,even loans out rods etc, free hot water for washing up my starter motor packed up the owner towed me to start and followed me to a garage.
Excellent service

Wow!

I would like to know about that one. Especially as I am a keen fisherman.

It's called Withy waters in east huntspill tel Beverly 01278 783700 open all year,
Have a look at the website they have fishing, dog walks & even a rally field. & all new spotless facilities
Forgot to say awnings are free

Just had a look at their website.

Just the sort of place I have been looking for. Many thanks.

It would be ideal but I am not experienced enough to organise one.
The website says rally's welcome , great pubs with food nearby

It's called Withy waters in east huntspill tel Beverly 01278 783700 open all year,
Have a look at the website they have fishing, dog walks & even a rally field. & all new spotless facilities
Forgot to say awnings are free
Just had a look on their website looks good and cheap for the area I've stayed in brean a few times and sites are more than double the price

For new folk who have just entered the hobby I would like to see a section that allows reviews of the POIs stopovers and caravan sites, both the positive and negatives, noticed a Dutch site has review's for POIs which will be helpful when choosing places to stop. Be nice to see reviews on products that people have purchased for there motorhomes as well.

there is already the best motorhome community wildcamping.co.uk lol , must admit still my first choice ie checked almost daily motorhomer prob once a week but seriously if the question is how to improve it one thing that is already definetly better than wildcamping is the ease of putting photos up and ease of use for first time visitors a great introduction to the forums, any additions would need to be add ons linked searches so not overburdened initial experience ,

For new folk who have just entered the hobby I would like to see a section that allows reviews of the POIs stopovers and caravan sites, both the positive and negatives, noticed a Dutch site has review's for POIs which will be helpful when choosing places to stop. Be nice to see reviews on products that people have purchased for there motorhomes as well.

When the motorhomer app appears it is hoped that there will be an ability to review the various types of poi.

A database of motorhome brands and models created by the members would be useful.

By the way of members filling out a fixed questionnaire with a free hand comment at the end. could be useful

From my perspective, no matter hat brand of motorhome i owned, the first place I would look for help would be the dedicated brand forum. Anything else, although, it could be equally as good or even better, would be secondary!
So why not both, it is not a one or the other, is it?
I can see both side of this one and have experienced the good and bad in both, some of the big car forums are really niche and can be a bit of a nightmare.

The worse thing to my mind is we have a lot of folks with a massive amount of knowledge who want to help but may not look at posts under a different manufacturer/model. I have never seen another same as ours so on a loser straight away, same with self builders. Sorted into mechanical/electrical then subdivided is better I think for general forum rather than a one make forum. you could always post specific model details (include make/model in title) under say Motorhome > Electrical > 12volt appliances > then a title of Hymer Globecar fuses. Anyone searching for Hymer would get all Hymer references anyway.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back