Travel to France, Checks & Paperwork Docs Requirements??

Everyone must make their own minds up But theres a lot to lose if your turned away from boarding.
Why would anyone not have the jab ?
There are lots of reasons not to have the jab, some of them valid, others less so. Covid is now endemic. The vaccine may stop you being very ill, but it won't stop you catching it. Covid has evolved a long way from the initial strain but the vaccines haven't. Anyone in the UK has been exposed to Covid many times. Being jabbed now is too late.

There are lots of reasons not to have the jab, some of them valid, others less so. Covid is now endemic. The vaccine may stop you being very ill, but it won't stop you catching it. Covid has evolved a long way from the initial strain but the vaccines haven't. Anyone in the UK has been exposed to Covid many times. Being jabbed now is too late.
Hi, I travelled out to France on the 19th June, me, no vacs, but got pcr, £40 as required by the guidance notes, proper rip-off. They didn't even ask for it, so that was a waste of money. You do NOT need to show vacs evidence anymore.

Hi, I travelled out to France on the 19th June, me, no vacs, but got pcr, £40 as required by the guidance notes, proper rip-off. They didn't even ask for it, so that was a waste of money. You do NOT need to show vacs evidence anymore.

It's like this thing about proof of funds or Angles Morts............it's all a load of tosh.............until somone asks you.
Having the correct paperwork is rather like insurance.It's a complete waste of money...................until???

Apologies having now checked the link to Brittany Ferries above (should have done that first) it appears that from August 1st there are no Covid related requirements for France

Reactions: TJC
Yet they will be doing boosters for 55 and up later in the year…

It's like this thing about proof of funds or Angles Morts............it's all a load of tosh.............until somone asks you.
Having the correct paperwork is rather like insurance.It's a complete waste of money...................until???

Apologies having now checked the link to Brittany Ferries above (should have done that first) it appears that from August 1st there are no Covid related requirements for France
But the French have the right to inspect/check for presence of the items you mention; and if the EU reaction to the UK's proposed unilateral alteration of the NI Protocol hardens, it would be the easiest thing in the world to increase the intensity of the checking regime at French Customs

Steve

But the French have the right to inspect/check for presence of the items you mention; and if the EU reaction to the UK's proposed unilateral alteration of the NI Protocol hardens, it would be the easiest thing in the world to increase the intensity of the checking regime at French Customs

Steve
What makes you think I have any objection to the rights of the French to treat us like a Third Country which we voted to be.
My point was that just because they haven't checked your papers/PCR test/Angles Morts/proof of funds doesn't mean they won't check the next person (well not after 1 August for Covid stuff)

But if we keep going on about the EU as we (some)have been it is quite possible things might tighten up.
If I was at the border and John Bull came up waving his blue Great Britain passport and his new UK stickers I might be less than helpful.

Actually I wonder can we still keep the round EU stickers (oh no we'll have to remove one star)
Is there a sticker with Proud to be a European or similar.
We changed our Mi Fi signal to Brexsh*t when last in Europe so there was no doubt about our views on the subject.
Just because I'm British doesn't mean I'm a Tw*t that's missing an i or an a as you wish.

We travelled using the shuttle.
1 The usual passport details.
2 Covid vaccine details.1 upload per person
No problems and indeed no queues or delays

What makes you think I have any objection to the rights of the French to treat us like a Third Country which we voted to be.
My point was that just because they haven't checked your papers/PCR test/Angles Morts/proof of funds doesn't mean they won't check the next person (well not after 1 August for Covid stuff)

But if we keep going on about the EU as we (some)have been it is quite possible things might tighten up.
If I was at the border and John Bull came up waving his blue Great Britain passport and his new UK stickers I might be less than helpful.

Actually I wonder can we still keep the round EU stickers (oh no we'll have to remove one star)
Is there a sticker with Proud to be a European or similar.
We changed our Mi Fi signal to Brexsh*t when last in Europe so there was no doubt about our views on the subject.
Just because I'm British doesn't mean I'm a Tw*t that's missing an i or an a as you wish.
I cast none of the aspersions of which I stand accused. The rest of your rant is just that.

Steve

I think your original question @TJBi was about those who had not had a vaccination and whether the PCR test was indeed accepted instead. I know it's written down but do we know of anyone who has gone through with just a recent PCR test
If you have a vaccination passport fine................whether they ask for it or not. Do they even recognise a PCR result.

By the way, there are many reasons why people have not had a vaccination and I would not dream of questioning them (my wife).
But actually I would rather be sitting next to someone who had a PCR test yesterday than someone (like me) who had all the jabs 6 months ago. In fact many of my friends have also had Covid after being vaccinated.
Not my question.

If you’re travelling via Brittany Ferries there’s always advice on their website of the requirements: https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/...ed&state=066546f7-5f4f-44b7-8893-c9c92310a94e

BF seem to have a scoop here as I can't seem to find any other mention of the 1st August thing, on t'internet. Like many, I subscribe to the Government updates so it'll be interesting to see if one arrives tomorrow (the 1st August) stating what BF are saying.

Good news anyway (y)

Sorry about that....... I confused you with @TJC ,or rather I clicked on the wrong name in the drop down list ........it's just next to yours.
No problems, Webby. My comment was trying to address the 'waste of time/money' developing theme re vaccinations, fridge checks, nationality plate stickers etc etc alongside the EU/UK dispute which leaves the EU in the £ seats, able to do everything by the book at Ferry ports and borders, leaving those who were not checked/inspected/stamped on earlier trips vulnerable to a tightened application of the Regs

Steve

I also cannot find any more information about this change from August 1st.
I know the private sites keep on listing requirements to get that last bit of income.
But I am really surprised there's no mention elsewhere.
Then again I'm really surprised BF could get it so wrong.There could be a ferry load of travellers with a large complaint

Well done that man......................... that's surely a definite answer. (at the moment)

BF have updated their page and confirm previous statement. They are as you know a French company so should know.

I'm surprised that the UK Gov haven't sent out one of their updates to their French Travel pages..

..but anyway, good news as we are travelling over there at the end of the month.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back