Travel to France, Checks & Paperwork Docs Requirements??

Updated UK Gov Webpage link just received via email, so looks like loose ends tied up.

Steve

Reactions: GMJ
Yep same here Steve (y)

I'm surprised that the UK Gov haven't sent out one of their updates to their French Travel pages..

..but anyway, good news as we are travelling over there at the end of the month.
Just checked the Gov website and it’s on there but no email update so far. Maybe they’re all off on a bank holiday and forgot to press “send”.

As Marchie mentioned above in post #41, and I agreed, we did receive the email yesterday. (y)

I'm not sure but I think he may remember you though!

I'm surprised that the UK Gov haven't sent out one of their updates to their French Travel pages..
You are surprised that the UK government has failed to be on the ball?
You're so lucky: other people would assume incompetence at best from that shower, yet you have the chance to be surprised on an almost daily basis

Anyone here suffer from the wayward wind💨?
There are many reports of such incidents ...

My physio thought my hip replacement was causing a balance problem when seated because I kept leaning to the right and then to the left each time she adjusted my posture. In the end I had to become assertive and ask her why she wouldn't just let me fart ... 🤭

Steve

You are surprised that the UK government has failed to be on the ball?
You're so lucky: other people would assume incompetence at best from that shower, yet you have the chance to be surprised on an almost daily basis

Tbf they have been good at providing timely emails regarding updates to both France and Spain. I praise the civil service here not the elected government.

This will be the next hoop for us to jump thru

This will be the next hoop for us to jump thru

Tbf having read that, it doesn't seem too onerous to me.

Tbf having read that, it doesn't seem too onerous to me.
If ETIAS works to support the Entry/Exit System, it will make the process of passport stamping/checking redundant, so should get people through Passport Control quicker, giving a benefit rather than a hindrance. But I'll wait and see the implementation process and timescale, and the strikes over the lost French Douanier jobs et al

Steve

If ETIAS works to support the Entry/Exit System, it will make the process of passport stamping/checking redundant, so should get people through Passport Control quicker, giving a benefit rather than a hindrance. But I'll wait and see the implementation process and timescale, and the strikes over the lost French Douanier jobs et al

Steve
But if the EES system relies on fingerprints, I don’t see that improving things unless they install a range of sensors to ensure that nobody has to get out of their vehicle 🤔🤔

But if the EES system relies on fingerprints, I don’t see that improving things unless they install a range of sensors to ensure that nobody has to get out of their vehicle 🤔🤔
It removes the passport stamping ... 👍 And it will identify overstayers, people smugglers, and all manner of ne'er-do-wells, and I don't remember anything about the process becoming quicker ...

Steve

To bring this up to date, from 2024 (but it doesn't say when in 2024, it was originally 2023) you will need an ETIAS before you go or you won't be allowed in. This costs €7 and will be valid for 3 years. As usual there will be web sites charging you lots of drinking vouchers for doing just what you can do yourself, so make sure you use the official web site which is
https://travel-europe.europa.eu/etias_en
But for the rest of this year, just get in the van and go. With your covid certificate, ferry ticket, passport, health insurance, and rubber dinghy with outboard to get back in case your van breaks down.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back