Vehicle requirements for Foreign Gadabout

Wrote to Telepass Truck today, to see if they issue a Telepass device which would be more suitable for a 3800kg motorhome. Can’t see any attraction in paying the same as a 44 tonne truck. Will wait to see what they come back with. Quite keen on one device working in Italy France Spain and Portugal.

Wrote to Telepass Truck today, to see if they issue a Telepass device which would be more suitable for a 3800kg motorhome. Can’t see any attraction in paying the same as a 44 tonne truck. Will wait to see what they come back with. Quite keen on one device working in Italy France Spain and Portugal.
Rodger get one of these, there is an offer on at the moment we're it is free, no delivery charge and no monthly rental in France for 12 months, does, France,Spain, Portugal and Italy

Screenshot_2022-11-28-14-19-29-242_com.android.chrome.jpg

Spent about an hour being very impressed with this company Dave, but they don’t seem to want my business.
Do you have one of their Toll tags already? Do you pay with a Euro account?

Spent about an hour being very impressed with this company Dave, but they don’t seem to want my business.
Do you have one of their Toll tags already? Do you pay with a Euro account?
I haven't Rodger, it was recommended to me, I've been told a revolut card works fine on it, I've struggling like you, it won't except my sort code and account number from Nationwide. If I get chance I will see if I can email them to see if there is a way around it, don't really need a revolut card. It's strange as it lets you change it to the UK then comes up with the sort code and account number, but then says invalid account when you try to move on.

Last edited:
I have emailed aprr and will wait and see what they say. Perhaps, they don’t want customers from outside Europe?

I have emailed aprr and will wait and see what they say. Perhaps, they don’t want customers from outside Europe?
Has someone hacksawed through the Tunnel, Roger, and cast UK adrift from Europe then? :oops:. I thought it was just economic rather than geographic ... :D I might be getting confused by those Ukraine Nationality Stickers we have to display :rolleyes:

Steve

Has someone hacksawed through the Tunnel, Roger, and cast UK adrift from Europe then? :oops:. I thought it was just economic rather than geographic ... :D I might be getting confused by those Ukraine Nationality Stickers we have to display :rolleyes:

Steve
Sorry Steve, I should have said EU, not Europe.
But will report back if I hear anything positive.

Well done Rodger, you would think the fact you can change the website to English and the fact you can change the bank to UK that there shouldn't be a problem, let us know what they say as I was going to get one for us for our travels over there in January.

You'll not get found out with a standard tag Rog. Our MH is 5000kg fully loaded and we have been used a Liberte tag and now a Bip&Go tag, for years. I think the class 3 rates for larger vehicles are eye wateringly expensive certainly in France, from memory. On one section we were on it was €100 higher for one long drive (€168 on Class 3 compared to €68 on Class 2).

Received an email from aprr today, which included an application form, as a PDF.
With the help of Google Translate, I have just clicked the ‘Send’ button.
They appear ‘on the ball’, so if I get a successful result, I will put the email address up on here. I have applied for France, Spain, Italy and Portugal, which means I can return the other two tags, France and Spain/Portugal.
Will post back when I hear anything.

Let's hope so, I've sent them a message via there online contact form, so hoping I get a reply tomorrow. I've booked my ferry to Caen for the beginning of January, so hopefully I will get one before I set off.

Received an email from aprr today, which included an application form, as a PDF.
With the help of Google Translate, I have just clicked the ‘Send’ button.
They appear ‘on the ball’, so if I get a successful result, I will put the email address up on here. I have applied for France, Spain, Italy and Portugal, which means I can return the other two tags, France and Spain/Portugal.
Will post back when I hear anything.
How are you paying please.
I suspect your Starling euro account ?

Do they ask you to declare which class of vehicle will you be using Rog?

Hope so Dave.
All in French, so I just hope I’ve filled it all in correctly 🤞We’ll see!
Google Translate struggles because it has no emoji for a Gallic shrug, Rog ... And 'Desolé' always sounds like a French Milkman. Think his wife is from East London, Madame Café au Lait ... :D

Steve

Yes Phil, I’m using the Starling Bank but I don’t have a Euro account. We’ll see how this all plays out, but I may have to open one.
The tags we use at the moment are tied to our Nationwide account, but they charge for exchanging currency, whereas I don’t believe Starling do.
I received an automated reply to my application this morning, which simply says my email has been passed to Customer Services. I think I may hear something soon.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back