Vinyl wrapping van

As long as the machine guns are pulled in it shouldn't be too worrying? :geek:

I think that's my point. I'm still a family man, although the boys left home and married many years ago.

For me, it's too military and aggressive in its style. Although I know our forums owner is a decent family man, I'd be nervous if a strangers van turned up looking like that and just what might tumble out after a few bevvies.

Perhaps I'm yesterday's man.

I think that's my point. I'm still a family man, although the boys left home and married many years ago.

For me, it's too military and aggressive in its style. Although I know our forums owner is a decent family man, I'd be nervous if a strangers van turned up looking like that and just what might tumble out after a few bevvies.

Perhaps I'm yesterday's man.
It's an interesting point you make and not one I personally would have thought of (but I guess my tongue-in-cheek reply meant the connotation must have been in my head even if I didn't realise it).
A hobby of mine is making Plastic Models, usually of the military variety, so I see Phils van artwork as a 1:1 Scale Model I suppose.
Food for thought there maybe on either angle? :unsure:

(Of course it would be really worrying if Phil got folks to load it up like the EM50 UAV from around 30 seconds in!)

I'd be nervous if a strangers van turned up looking like that and just what might tumble out after a few bevvies.

My opinion, as it looks tidy, I wouldn't make that assumption. If it were a hand painted, cheaper vehicle I might, but even then I don't think I would associate it with being a threat.

I said the same on page one,it's a pity most pics from that era are in black and white but the odd time you find a colour pic they show some of the many colours used,they really are amazing camo designs. I believe they were used to a limited extent during WW2 as well.
A lot of the Dazzle Camos on the WW1 Ships featured Pinks and Purples I think - They were believed to have been very effective.

I still the combination of the BFGs and a Zebra Camo would have looked ace on a Hymer ....

JkPU7egbXYdcilV7H1WzHFZ3neOgaFVRuYeVmO0nduY.jpg

I have a friend who always wraps his vans, swears by it for ease of maintenance and protection, swithered myself a few times.

Once again my tin hat is on!

I am considering vinyl wrapping my van, there are several pros to this (like protecting the paintwork) but really I just want my van to look cool!

One man's meat...

I understand that most people will dislike the look I want and that's fine, I am not most people and I love vans that look this way.

Here is a photo of the type of look I want.

View attachment 43642
Where is it? I can't see it. Now that is good camo for stealth camping!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back