Vinyl wrapping van

Not so much a wrap as a patch. I suppose the amount of Vinyl needed can vary. We found a little to be quite effective. Having acquired a small dent from a low wall that hid from our driving mirror we manage to hide my efforts at applying a smooth filling of filler with an affordable bit of artwork. It has generated quite a bit of interest.
See more on http://www.worldrover.co.uk/campervan/4590018822 )

sBlue Lady patch.jpg

Affordable wrap think small. We covered a small dent with a little one and it generated interest.Blue Lady patch.jpg

Once again my tin hat is on!

I am considering vinyl wrapping my van, there are several pros to this (like protecting the paintwork) but really I just want my van to look cool!

One man's meat...

I understand that most people will dislike the look I want and that's fine, I am not most people and I love vans that look this way.

Here is a photo of the type of look I want.

View attachment 43642
Best to check with your insurance company as changing to a "camouflaged" look (DPM) may lead to problems. If not go for it, think it looks great.

That would be a........plastic Woody....:devilish:

Yes Debs. Lovely style it would look good on a motorhome, quite dignified.
It reminds me of my first vehicle, a 1935 Hillman shooting brake. It was pre owned of course!

Go for either the Swedish Splinter Camo (nice and colourful) or the traditional RAF Camo :giggle:

is that the finished result phil or the mock up , as you say it’s not boring , saw a 2005 hymer a class last year painted/ wrapped green it certainly didn’t stand out when parked in the bushes lol, as steve says a bit marmite i liked it jan went oh no so doesn’t look like i have much chance of doing mine,

I like the dazzle ships design. It also reminds me of the camo that carmakers apply to their new models when testing on the roads.
If you park it in the mountains, no-one will see it!

K ;)

I like the dazzle ships design. It also reminds me of the camo that carmakers apply to their new models when testing on the roads.
If you park it in the mountains, no-one will see it!

K ;)

I said the same on page one,it's a pity most pics from that era are in black and white but the odd time you find a colour pic they show some of the many colours used,they really are amazing camo designs. I believe they were used to a limited extent during WW2 as well.

Very sensible Phil..... Don't do it.

I well understand your principles of supporting one another and being kind, and I'm still a newbie here and it's only my view, but I wouldn't feel comfortable if a van turned up on an aire looking like that. I'd probably move on.

Sorry. That's my membership gone for a ball of chalk. :-(

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back