Water hose

High guy's and welcome. I also carry a 15lt folds flat cube in case you get really adventurous and do a spot of wild camping. I soon found that having the small hose with like a cone end on would fit any type of sink to get water whilst on the move. Shoet hose to tap cube on the floor can get water any where. Wishing you great adventures.

We carry two 5 metre lengths of food grade hose and loads of attachments for them (including one of those double ended things to join them together). For situations where the hoses don't reach or I don't want to move the van I have two 10 litre water containers and and a guttering elbow that is an interference fit into the filler hole. We also carry separate drinking water in 1.5 litre bottles - six of them which increases our water carrying capacity by about 10%. Water from our tank has a stale taste to it. Below is a picture of our guttering elbow in position. 1628153997494.png

Seen quite a few posts criticising expanding hoses . They work for me and usually come with a variety of fittings . Washing machine hose , if you are close to the tap , are handy too .
Neither take up any space

I have a 10m expanding hose that works well if I'm less than 7m away from the tap. However, it needs pressure to expand and the only way to get more than about 7m is to fit a nozzle and throttle the flow, which extends the time it takes to fill up. Normally, this isn't a problem. However, it can be an issue at coin-operated water points where you get so much time rather than so much volume of water. At one in Valkenburg, NL, it took three 'goes' at €2 a 'go' to put 80 litres into my tank :( If I ever replace my hose, I'll probably go for a 'roll flat' hose and 15m rather than 10m...

FWIW, I tried the 45° elbow hack but found that I was pouring a significant amount of water down the side of the van and so went for a funnel with a flexible outlet (like the piccy). I have a "Command" hook fitted above the filler and a loop of string through the handle so that the funnel is positioned above and into the filler and held in place 'hands free'. The 'Command' hook is removeable without damage should the need arise.

1628167910205.png

If you look carefully at the picture of the elbow you can just make out how I have wound insulating tape around it to make it a better fit as it was also letting water by.

If you look carefully at the picture of the elbow you can just make out how I have wound insulating tape around it to make it a better fit as it was also letting water by.
FWIW, I did the same. The problem in my case was the amount of water that missed the hole at the top!

Always found the trusty watering can kept solely for water filling. I did use a coiled hose to fill from home once and the water tasted awful. Used a”normal” hose from the same tap and no problem. That’s just my experience, also reckon by the time people have found the right connectors, sorted the hose and fiddled about I will have three full watering cans in the tank.

We carry

- 2 watering cans for when the water tap is too far away for a hose.

- A 10 foot )or so) hose for when we can get adjacent to a tap.

- A 100 foot garden hose - one of those ones that shrinks when empty and can be easily stowed due to its shrunken size - for all other eventualities.

We don't drink the water straight from the taps in the MH but I do cleanse the tanks annually.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back