We have gone to Spain 2020

Stop making me jealous Peter! Stay safe, and give our love to Paul and Jenny.

How long are you going for Roger, are you catching the ferry to Spain?we are hoping to set off soon, Elaine sees the consultant tomorrow, so we will know better then when we can set off.

Yesterday we arrived at a Aires in Daimus very peaceful and clean , 8 Euro a night , toilets , clean showers , EHU , water , waste and washing machines , 25 Deg today so we are stopping and soaking some rays , probably move on tomorrow we have been told about a wild camping location on the beach just past Alecante airport, so going to fill the tanks and stock up supplies for a few days :cool:

That's what you spent all that money on diesel for, Jeff.
Enjoy it.
While you can.
You'll eventually have to buy even more diesel....
To get you back to cold, damp Blighty...!😂

The castle at Denia is worth a look Jeff along with the tunnel underneath. Parking at 38°50'54.0"N 0°06'02.1"E on Carrer Boga.

The rock at Calp is also worth a look/climb. Parking with the flamingos at 38°38'37.0"N 0°03'44.4"E
The Jalon valley should be good now that the almond blossom is out and it's not far from Calpe

lm guessing the parking nr the airport is santa palo it’s great there lots of good wildcamping just a little more difficult finding services , we’re just over a week ahead of you we’ve stopped at estrella de mar on the mar menor nice indian & bars within a few hundred yards + you can get water & dump grey there, for the cassette there are lots of garages that will let you dump we went on to la ahozia then vilaricos great spot parking on the beach with a wc & tap left open behind the closed beach bar

Today we are just south of Alecante at a wild camping location on the beach called Plays La Emita , beautiful and only 50 meters from the sea , I think we will have a few days here ; :cool: .. Pictures to follow

The Jalon valley should be good now that the almond blossom is out and it's not far from Calpe
When I was travelling from Daimus to Playa la Emita (Santa Pola) some of the trees and bushes had blossom from shades of white to shades of pale pink in some of the groves were small trees with a cerise pink blossom this answers my thought's.
I thought these were grapes of some variety because they were not on all, they would be almond trees along with grape trees, bushes or vines, there was sometimes olive trees among various other growing trees. What a lovely site

Following this with interest, we are coming over on March 16th, and heading down to Portugal. Plenty of pleasant Aires please.
Stay safe, and enjoy the dream! xx
We have been delayed yet again, hospital tests late March so hopefully we will be just behind you Rog, Maggy wants to get there before all the lettuce has gone, I don't know why 🥬🥬🥬🥬

We have been delayed yet again, hospital tests late March so hopefully we will be just behind you Rog, Maggy wants to get there before all the lettuce has gone, I don't know why 🥬🥬🥬🥬
Take your time, Terry..
Whenever you're both ready.
There will still be plenty of booze in the shops, having had time to refill the shelves after the current batch of beer hounds has departed.
Fingers crossed.

How long are you going for Roger, are you catching the ferry to Spain?we are hoping to set off soon, Elaine sees the consultant tomorrow, so we will know better then when we can set off.
Hi Dave, we are sailing on the morning of 17th March. We have a couple of calls to make on the way down through France, but basically are heading straight down to Mikkis place at Pera to chill for a week, before deciding where to visit.
We plan to be away for about ten weeks before coming home in time for Orkney.

Hi Dave, we are sailing on the morning of 17th March. We have a couple of calls to make on the way down through France, but basically are heading straight down to Mikkis place at Pera to chill for a week, before deciding where to visit.
We plan to be away for about ten weeks before coming home in time for Orkney.

Sounds good Roger, we are sailing to Bilbao this Wednesday, hopefully the storms will have passed by then, going to head down southern Spain and then track up the east coast of Spain until April, then return possibly by Switzerland, and then into Germany. We need to be back for mid May as Elaine his having one her hips replaced in May, so we thought we would escape while we have chance. Are you driving down through France, or getting the ferry to Spain.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back