We have gone to Spain 2020

This Aires (Campsite) is 10€ a night at this time if year, very popular with people that fulltime winter in one spot all the usual faculties
A big room with sofa large television on wall large book shelf with book and DVD and games exchange, souvenirs, kitchen fully equipped fridge freezer, microwave, kettles and all utensils, the lady that runs it for the family speaks very good English they supply free fruit, maps, POI and shops etc it is set adjoining olive groves with man made paths with tables and chairs set here and there, children's plastic Wendy houses dotted about, dog walking area bins and poo bags provided while visiting the supermarket we walked up this tree lined road pine trees as high as you could see with parraquet's free flying beautiful to see they where having a very joyous time very noisy think they where Quaker parraquet's

Sotogrande marina is worth a stroll round too and the harbour just south/west of there.

Carefull ,Jeff.
Nobody likes a showoff.
Try to make it look as if you're suffering, please.
Are you planning to grace the Algarve with your presence ?
There's all sorts of riff raff down here.
Or coming soon.
P
We should eventually hit the Algarve Paul don't know when as we keep getting held up at some really good spots , but will keep pushing onwards , strange thing is the further south we are going , the cooler it is getting

We're very cool on the Algarve, Jeff.
Only 18, at breakfast time..
We nearly had to eat inside, but there's not a whiff of a breeze.
It's a struggle !

What do people use as their source for the Aires? I'm signed up to wildcamping, but I wondered if there is anything else?
You can buy books with them all in. All The Aires they are called and different book for each country. Well Spain and Portugal are combined then two firFrance.

Park4night is a good app - found many good places. Another good app for fuel is flasheuro.de

We have driven down through cold wet windy France and finally found sun at Merida - nice place next to lake. Today we are at Badajoz enjoying a little glass in the sun😁😁image.jpg

Park4night is a good app - found many good places. Another good app for fuel is flasheuro.de

We have driven down through cold wet windy France and finally found sun at Merida - nice place next to lake. Today we are at Badajoz enjoying a little glass in the sun😁😁View attachment 53048
Hey, Linda...
You're getting dangerously close..
Should we hide the family silver yet.?

Even the latest aires books are way out of date and only have a fraction of the aires. Park4night and searchforsites apps are good. I cannot get my head round the wildcamping app, even although Phil has explained it to me.
Going to places suggested by other wilders has been good. This weekends place is a case in point.20200215_131020.jpg20200214_150635.jpg20200214_154216.jpg

Hey, Linda...
You're getting dangerously close..
Should we hide the family silver yet.?

Pomaroa tomorrow, close enough for a raiding party.
I lovely to get to the sun, it's cold up in them there hills.
Catch up in a couple of days, I'll be in touch sio we don't catch you in the buff sun bathing.

This morning was overcast, so we went for a few hour walk towards the hills and mountains we came to some vast salt lakes, fenced off, with bird watching towers, there was large amounts of flamingo's, cormant's and small egrets, one off the bird watchers took photo's of a paraquet on a bush must be unusual for this area as he was showing us with pride BIRD WATCHERS PARADISE
Jeff took some pictures, but they are dark, they were taken from the hide out lookng point

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back