We have gone to Spain 2020

Park4night is a good app - found many good places. Another good app for fuel is flasheuro.de

We have driven down through cold wet windy France and finally found sun at Merida - nice place next to lake. Today we are at Badajoz enjoying a little glass in the sun😁😁View attachment 53048
I was in Badajoz last Easter. Watched the procession of the Madonna carried through the streets and into the Cathedral. Very impressive. I’ll show you the video I took there.My only thought was WHY?
Yes I know, all the romance and wonder in me has disappeared 😣

Anyone near Cadiz for Carnival? Starts today (20 Feb) and finishes 1st Mar. If you are in striking distance of Cadiz where are you parked?

We were there 3 years ago and parked in car park near marina across the river and caught the ferry across.
Really interesting evening loads of Portuguese street drama and singing.
Don’t go if you’re not one for crowds- MEGA!!!
One of life’s treasured memories😀😀

Could these be the ones

View attachment 53090

Cycled to these today,it's normally€3 per person to go in, but there was no charge today, wasn't that impressed to be fair, think the other gardens I went to were better next to the riding School, could just be the wrong time of year, they looked a little neglected, weeds growing slugs that have eaten all the leaves, rotten fruit on the floor.

We are still at Torremolinos , we have been with Donrevy ( Phil and Sue ) for a couple of days , we went for a Chinese buffet , all you can eat 12.50 euro , superb meel and what a bargain . Weather is overcast but still 19 deg , we will probably stay here for the weekend then move a little further south . Take care all

We are still at Torremolinos , we have been with Donrevy ( Phil and Sue ) for a couple of days , we went for a Chinese buffet , all you can eat 12.50 euro , superb meel and what a bargain . Weather is overcast but still 19 deg , we will probably stay here for the weekend then move a little further south . Take care all

Interesting, how long can u stay there, do they serve in the van, in the car park!!!! 😂😂

Interesting, how long can u stay there, do they serve in the van, in the car park!!!! 😂😂
You can stay here for as long as you like , a great spot just to chill . Just had a walk round to the Spanish equivalent of Subway and had a chicken and bacon roll to take away :giggle:

Last edited:
After a quick tour of Casares (for the Griffon Vultures). Ronda (for the spectacular drive there and the Bridges). Antequera (Aire full and did not stop). Cordoba (good to meet up with Mobilvetta and explore the city). Now on the coast again at Chipiona. Lovely soft sand and listening to the gentle breaking of the waves.20200221_144319.jpg

After a quick tour of Casares (for the Griffon Vultures). Ronda (for the spectacular drive there and the Bridges). Antequera (Aire full and did not stop). Cordoba (good to meet up with Mobilvetta and explore the city). Now on the coast again at Chipiona. Lovely soft sand and listening to the gentle breaking of the waves.View attachment 53120
Was casares worth it. Think we may go down to Algarve that way on April, if so.

After a quick tour of Casares (for the Griffon Vultures). Ronda (for the spectacular drive there and the Bridges). Antequera (Aire full and did not stop). Cordoba (good to meet up with Mobilvetta and explore the city). Now on the coast again at Chipiona. Lovely soft sand and listening to the gentle breaking of the waves.View attachment 53120

We are in Antequera now, we managed to got on the official Aire as well, one space left. We stayed last night at Cordoba but moved the motorhome over the bridge and parked on the right near the football ground.

We were all settled in when we had a knock at the door about 10.00pm, two blokes one in a high visibility jacket were stood there, I was furious to be disturbed so late, asked if I was staying overnight, I said yes, they said well there is a €5 charge, I said it is free, they said we live here in this area and we watch all the motorhomes, I told them i can look after myself, in no uncertain terms, I'm a big bloke, don't need any protection from the likes of you and told them it was rude to knock so late. Sent them away with a flea in there ear.

This morning when I walked around the motorhome to check it over before setting off as I always do, I noticed several 2 " screws on the ground by the motorhome wheels, I picked them up and put them in the bin, don't know if it was this pair of idiots who did it or whether another motorhome had been doing repairs in this spot and had accidentally dropped a few.

If they had knocked early doors, I might have given them a couple of euros, but not knocking at that time of night. I then watched them knock on other motorhomes even though it was obvious they were either in bed or out as they had no lights on. I have to say though it was a lot quieter spot than the place we stayed the previous night.

You can stay here for as long as you like , a great spot just to chill . Just had a walk round to the Spanish equivalent of Subway and had a chicken and bacon roll to take away :giggle:

Have you got the coordinates please for this spot, might have a stopover next week and what was the Chinese called, the Mrs is fancying one.

Have you got the coordinates please for this spot, might have a stopover next week and what was the Chinese called, the Mrs is fancying one.
N36.64345 W4.47892. Parking Pasio Maritimo . I will try and find the name of the Chinese and post later , it was only a 5 min drive and well worth the money

We are in Antequera now, we managed to got on the official Aire as well, one space left. We stayed last night at Cordoba but moved the motorhome over the bridge and parked on the right near the football ground.

We were all settled in when we had a knock at the door about 10.00pm, two blokes one in a high visibility jacket were stood there, I was furious to be disturbed so late, asked if I was staying overnight, I said yes, they said well there is a €5 charge, I said it is free, they said we live here in this area and we watch all the motorhomes, I told them i can look after myself, in no uncertain terms, I'm a big bloke, don't need any protection from the likes of you and told them it was rude to knock so late. Sent them away with a flea in there ear.

This morning when I walked around the motorhome to check it over before setting off as I always do, I noticed several 2 " screws on the ground by the motorhome wheels, I picked them up and put them in the bin, don't know if it was this pair of idiots who did it or whether another motorhome had been doing repairs in this spot and had accidentally dropped a few.

If they had knocked early doors, I might have given them a couple of euros, but not knocking at that time of night. I then watched them knock on other motorhomes even though it was obvious they were either in bed or out as they had no lights on. I have to say though it was a lot quieter spot than the place we stayed the previous night.
Anteguera is fab indeed. 😀

N36.64345 W4.47892. Parking Pasio Maritimo . I will try and find the name of the Chinese and post later , it was only a 5 min drive and well worth the money

Thank you so much, looking forward to it, we are going to Ronda tomorrow, then Manila that Med recommended for a night or two and then the aire at the marina next to Gibraltar, wife wants some stuff from Morrisons there and we might as well stock up with duty free whisky. So we will do Torremolinos on the way to Nerja.

Last time something like this happened to me, I had to ‘buy’ my headlights back, in the morning😂

That reminds me of the famous Glasgow story guy parking his car outside ibrox stadium two wee boys walk up and ask do you want you’re car watched for a couple of quid mr guy replies na I’ll leave my Rottweiler in it nobody go near it to witch the wee boy replies can your Rottweiler change punctures too

Last time something like this happened to me, I had to ‘buy’ my headlights back, in the morning😂

I think they realised I was proper annoyed, they soon shot off. Funny enough the other place I stayed in Cordoba, the guy in the high vis jacket didn't approach me, even though I had read the comments that he also tries it on, but I went over to him and asked him if he was there all day, he said he was, I voluntry gave him two euros without him asking and asked him to keep an eye on my van. I had also read in Toledo that another guy in a high visibility jackets stops you and tries to blag money out of you, I saw him at the gate, but he never approached us when I drove straight past him.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back